surface cleanlyness

dombanks

anyone know an easy way to assess surface cleanliness? i need to figure out if the little plastic strips are clean (free of surface contaminants like oils/finger prints and such) after their cleaning cycle so i was looking to see if there was any sort of CSI style spray/UV lamp method but not found anything that doesn't involve equipment i have access too. Oh for a decent GCMS right now.

i tried using a simple water break test but as the surface is quite hydrophilic its not very conclusive.

You're always asking the scientific and technical questions and you are a scientist/tech kinda guy.       Don't think many of us know these answers.

Yeah ... I'm stumped on this one a bit .... Easier question to ask than if anyone has access to a nanogram balance :) lol.

Lumiol is good for blood and a few others but not oils.

I ask cos often the most innocent of answers creates a thought that leads to an answer.... (Or the vain hope some does it :) )

I refer the honourable gentleman to  --  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CEYQFjAH&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelda.helsinki.fi%2Fbitstream%2Fhandle%2F10138%2F20741%2Fdetermin.pdf%3Fsequence%3D2&ei=oyeLVLj0DIr5ULuRg-AI&usg=AFQjCNGyU56FslWhGKX6SH0TTr6bplE4DA

DETERMINATION OF CLEANABILITY OF

PLASTIC SURFACES

Eija Pesonen-Leinonen

University of Helsinki

Department of Agrotechnology

ACADEMIC DISSERTATION

To be presented, with the permission of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry of the

University of Helsinki,

Oils?     I use Jizer or Carb cleaning spray, followed by a steam cleaner.   Failing that Colins link above is more your style.

Oils?     I use Jizer or Carb cleaning spray, followed by a steam cleaner.   Failing that Colins link above is more your style.

ha ha running a PO for Jizzer .... made me giggle... i cna just see me explaining it to the lab tech.... here is your jizzer and a jet wash. go in the corner of the lab and clean away :o

colorimetric assessment is probably where i will end up (been looking at that already) but for now its going to be a bit more low tech.....i.e does it look clean? does the plasma stick properly? does the lid stick properly? a bit more qualitative than quantitative for now. thanks anyway.