weather bomb

dombanks

does anyone else find the news/media portrayal of the weather a little bit pathetic? im mean its not like its winter or anything ....

headlines like this...

Brrrrace yourselves! 'Weather bomb' brings ice and 10cm of SNOW as temperatures drop to 3C and torrential downpours hit southern England 

(Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2869606/Brrrrace-Weather-bomb-brings-ice-10cm-SNOW-temperatures-drop-3C-torrential-downpours-hit-southern-England.html)

ill reiterate its dec and only 3C .... a bit of snow wind and rain about.... who would have thought....

if its the weather guys trying to look cool then frankly they are stuffed as they haven't flown a washing machine around the solar system and then dropped a microwave from it onto a rock :laugh:

What do you expect from the Daily Mail though? If it's not over sensationalised weather headlines it's those bl**dy foreigners coming over here to steal our jobs again, or the gypsy asylum seekers coming to snatch your house off you and bum your kids.

Then begins the great backlash of internet forums and the public outcry of "This happens every year dammit, it's winter goodness me mun!" - which is where we are at the moment. Stage 2 of winter on the internet.

Next up the snow comes and we all complain about why they haven't got enough gritters, why the council didn't grit my front path up to my door - I pay my council taxes. I want it spent on gritters, not on schools and hospitals. Now I can't go to work because the council didn't grit my path despite having a bucket of grit in the garage from last year.

Then we will all be discussing the merits and costs of winter tyres on internet forums.

And it will be exactly the same next year, rinse, repeat. It's like groundhog day on the internet. Ignore it and move on.

Edit ... loving the site's autocorrect of an abbreviation of a certain sweary word similar to fufussake to 'Goodness me'. That's a nice touch!

Shouldn't we all set an auto-timer to for the 1st/ 2nd week of December to fill internet forums with a bunch of weather related posts? Dom's can be a copy-paste moan from last year's weather, with a topical headline dropped in. Mine will be:

r15v1c.jpg

Did they say how to protect anaginst the gypsy aslum seeker thing?  My main concern was the looming pension reforms but this seems like a more imediate threat.

Stereotyping all Pikeys as Kid-bummers is a bit much.....

Is that because all the good-looking sheep are spoken for ?

Did they say how to protect anaginst the gypsy aslum seeker thing?  My main concern was the looming pension reforms but this seems like a more imediate threat.

yes you need to turn the heating up another notch because having a thermostat set at the right temp for you is clearly not acceptable  :d

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/putting-on-coat-renamed-deploying-personal-anti-elements-shield-2014121193751

How is the weatherbomb affecting house prices?

Not only does it affect house prices. It could also give you cancer.

• Like 1

The Weather Bomb seems to have b*******ed any chances of me getting my new cycle wings for the ASBO, they said there was a bit of a delay, didn't say why but I just know it's the Weather Bomb..... just saying....

Nem...........

The press/media does this every year, usually followed by stories about "global warming" or "climate change", if nothing else it drives the sales of 4x4 (although most end up buying those 2wd crossovers) and boosts consumerism with people looking to be "green" by buying new stuff and sending the old to landfill.

The papers benefit not only from the boost in sales caused by the crazy headlines, but by selling advertising space to companies selling the products mentioned above.

Nationwide panic benefits everyone except the people, just look how fuel prices go up when the media talks about non-existent panic buying and shortages. Which in turn causes panic buying in the supermarkets and a rise in food prices that lasts well into the new year.

This weather 'bomb' is yet another example of incoming American terminology like 'Black' Friday and all the rest of them.

Just sick of it and the so-called media responsible.  The drivel on the radio was unbelievable.

:swear:  :swear:  :swear:

The BBC just love to jump on the "cool" words of the moment - usually imported or "street" words such as "bomb" (as in weather, photo) or the one that gets right up my nose at the moment ......................

twerking

:angry:

I prefer good old fashioned words - many of which end in "......ers"  :d  

The BBC just love to jump on the "cool" words of the moment - usually imported or "street" words such as "bomb" (as in weather, photo) or the one that gets right up my nose at the moment ......................

twerking

:angry:

I prefer good old fashioned words - many of which end in "......ers"  :d  

So do I but no one under the age of 40 knows what your talking about.