No Prescott in 2015 speed series?

thinkturbo

Bring back Prescott, it's a very popular spectator event, as is have taken my family too many times over the years, every year, including last year...

Now I have a Westy too hill climb with my family too watch me Race..??, maybe not your ain't going there.... I'm seriously gutted.

I've been sourcing a roll cage, and msa licence, etc.. Just to get ready for the wss, but now it's all for nothing.

Mira is not worth the effort, so anything else close too me is also not worth the trip.

One unhappy member

It is not our clubs fault that Longton are not holding the event thus year. It is a great shame though

Loton and Shelsley are classic hills that we still go to and are great for spectating

• Like 1

It's a shame but not our fault. If you want to get good and show off to your friends and family at a future Prescott event you need to try other venues and develop your driving skills

Hope to see you out there

• Like 1

As Terry and David have already said , its not our fault

But if you really want to drive at Prescott then there are a few options-as well as WSCC

You can join the Bugatti owners club who own Prescott ( you don't need a Bugatti ) then run as a member

or join a club like ' Hagley and district or  MAC - They both get regular invites to Prescott

or join HSA championship as well as WSCC , The HSA get an invite for June 

or look at some old programmes to see what other clubs get invited to Prescott

hope this helps

stu

• Like 1

Also for those that really want to do Prescott next year there are 2 other championships: The Midland Hillclimb Championship which has 3 events there or the Service Hydraulics Speed Championship which have an event in June, which is what I did 2 years ago as Prescott was not part of the speed series. I will probably do one of these as well as the Speed Series this year. The SHSC had most of the same events as the WSCC so I was able to score points for both championships (not that it mattered in the end with the year I had).

However as Terry has pointed out Prescott along with Shelsley need to be respected and best not attempted until some experience has been gained.

Cheers

I'll come along to some WSCC events and see if I really want to give it a go, I have good driving experience from a karting and motorcycling racing background, but always fancied Prescott, see u in the paddock maybe

Think,  dont let the absence of one venue put you off mate - its just one bit of tarmac mate out of a whole season of fun and games.  I enjoy it in the paddock more than on the hill if im honest.  My car being so quick I have my eyes shut half the time..... :)

Unfortunately venues make it for some of us, having competed in the WSCC series for the past three year, hillclimbs are beginning to be more my thing, I only tend to compete in the Midlands due to finances (some of us don't have pots of money) and after last years Prescott meeting I'm sold and I'm looking to compete in another series/championship this year. Will continue as a club member but feel I need to spread my wings.

Dave

Good post Dave,  I will hopefully see you on a hill in the future mate.  :-)  are you doing the Midland speed series ?