7 Grill Emblem

CraigHew

Thinking of putting one of these on the front of my Mega S2000, probably powder coated red to match my car colour against the matt black grill.

grillbadge_zps2f8f09d4.jpg

Can't make my mind up, will it look good or naff ?

How would it fix to the grill (apart from the default cable ties) ?

Any (constructive) suggestions welcomed.....

Personally I wouldn't put a 7 badge on anything other than a Caterham or a lotus. I drive a Westfield and am proud to say I do so their's is the badge I have on the front of my car :)

• Like 4

Nope !

Thats a Cateringvan LOGO

It's like the Ferrari badge I saw on a Peugeot last week.

Not for me either but if you like it bond it on with Sikaflex

A S2000 or V-Tec badge discreetly tucked in bottom left corner below the Westfield logo would be nice?

Hello.

I agree with the chaps above.

Its like sticking a Bentley badge on a Chrysler 300c or an M badge on a BMW 1 litre type thing.

you need a big, red "W" on the front.

I've seen a few  Westfields with them on, the neatest of them, (that didn't have welded on mounting tabs), was lock-wired in place - the wire was much thinner than cable ties, and less obvious.

The owners had to be very thick skinned though, cause as far as I can tell, they all used to get the Mickey taken mercilessly by other Westfield owners. (And one lad caught a rather loud and slightly tipsy Caterham owner trying to cut the cable ties off and remove it at a Capesthorne show, many years ago!)

• Like 1

Sorry have to agree…The 7 should be for the Lotus or Caterham, however we all can't be the same……go for it... :) 

Ok, that's a no then..............................................

as suggested, I'll look for a vTEC badge or similar.

• Like 2

I'm with Smokey aka Mark as a No

Bob :d

I was tempted once a while back - it's all based on the famous Lotus Seven but the '7' is synonymous with the Caterham and it would do look like is be trying too hard to look like one .. which I wasn't!! Then I realised .. "Badgees! We don't need no steenking badgees!"