Westfield Megablade

IanG1

I know it’s the wrong time of the year for this but thought I would offer up for sale to see if any interest.

Car is a factory built 2001 Megablade in post office red that I bought from a wanted ad I placed on this forum back in August 2012 (The previous owner also sourced it from here) This is an original lightweight mega chassis designed for a bike engine not a conversion. Has an age related (2001 “Y”) not a Q plate. Only used as a road car since my ownership.

Basic spec is

919cc Honda Fireblade motor in standard tune and uses original bike airbox with filter and jet kit installed. I converted it to stick coils from a later blade which work well. Gearbox is fine, no slipping out of second gear on acceleration which is a common blade problem.

Quaife reverse gearbox (oil changed last spring) these are a bit agricultural but does the job and has a catch tank and breather fitted which allows any oil that is expelled to drain back in as it cools down.

LSD sierra rear diff and runs rear disks and has front ARB.

Westfield 4 pot front calipers and fabricated uprights

13 inch Race Dynamic 1.2 wheels with 205/60 Toyo 888 tyres

RAC roll bar and runs aero screen.

SABELT four point harnesses.

Detachable MOMO steering wheel, carbon dash panel and the gear lever is mounted  up next to the wheel so falls to hand nicely giving a quick positive shift. Comes with half doors which are useful for keeping the draught out in cooler weather and a full tonneau cover which is useful to stop kids climbing into your car when parked up LOL

Stripes are only vinyl and will easily remove if not to your taste.

No work needed all I would do is an oil and filter change in spring and good to go for another year.

Looking for £8700.

Happy to answer any questions from serious buyers, car is MOTed till April 2015 (No advisories at last two tests) is taxed and insured so can take any serious prospective buyers out for a test ride (weather permitting LOL)

Not in any rush to sell and only advertising here at the moment,car can stay tucked up in the warm garage if need be till next spring but as I found original cars do not come up that often and this is a nice example of the breed in lovely condition.

This has been a great car for me, sounds and looks awesome and guaranteed to turn heads and spark a conversation from passers-by when you park it up.

Still not 100% sure I want to part with it but I have an itch for a flat six that I would like to scratch?

20sd4hv.jpg

2ibkakg.jpg

21e5d0i.jpg

11gsgzm.jpg

nvw3o1.jpg

2as1mr.jpg

Looks a nice car.

I have never seen the gear change located up there before.

David

Damn this is 6-12 months too early - exactly what I want to upgrade to next! Looks great and well prepared too.

Good luck with the sale!

Replied Paul

I believe i parked up behind and chatted with Ian at Stoneleigh last year after the road trip, for anybody interested you would not believe how well kept this car looks - absolutely mint.

Good luck with the sale.

Yes we did chat at Stoneleigh Pete and thanks for your comments much appreiciated.

Details of the gear indicator for ziplob

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/blog/26-iang1s-blog/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian

I've dropped you a pm. Interested but need 100% reliability on track days and sunny road drives. Thanks. Kai

Have replied Kai

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to all the recent PM enquiries etc I have taken a deposit so the car is provisionally sold

• 1 month later...

Well we got there eventually off to its new home with Brum2013. Cheers Paul enjoy the car.

I hope Brum2013 enjoys it.

I used to own this car about 12 (or more) years ago, I think I was the 2nd owner.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.