Bodywork: compatibility Q

ralphy

Browsing eBay I sometimes see items such as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caterham-Seven-7-Nose-Cone-Kit-Car-Westfield-Tiger-Robin-Hood-Locost-/161492792240?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2599b873b0

It states: Caterham Seven 7 Nose Cone : Kit Car Westfield Tiger Robin Hood Locost

I’m cynical that one item fits all, but then I’ve no experience of the other kit cars mentioned - comments please!

R

There isn't even "one" Caterham nose cone that fits all Caterhams, let alone a design that fits all the other Seven style cars!

That said, with fettling, some of the parts can be made to fit other marques, it just depends how close to the original design they've kept.

It might for instance, possibly be made to fit a Westfield Pre Lit, 'cause that was a close enough copy of an S3 for Caterham to sue!

As Dave said if you have a pre-lit with prelit bodywork you may make it fit subject to the age and width .- the S3 is the narrower Caterham with CSR and SV being wider cars although not sure on nose sizing on those . 

On your age of car I would imagine that it would be a narrow , probably a highline but may be a low line . Highline parts are still available to order from the Factory , I believe Mid Norfolk mouldings have copied a Narrow highline nose but stand to be corrected on that one - they advertised one on ebay a while ago . 

If you do have a low-line and need a nose I have a very good one here that is available . Sorry sold now

It is for a Caterham.  It is quite common for vendors to add other 7 type names to bring it to the attention of other kit car parts searchers.   For instance if you were looking for Caterham car then the words Westfield, Robin Hood etc. would be added to the advert to draw you away to the Westfield marque.    A lot of ads. often have the word 'Not'  to make it clearer what they are actually selling.