Bad news for Redbull racing

Sparkymart

Jeff, I'd say what is reasonable is that when you have something which is highly valuable and on show very publicly indeed, you should have the foresight to protect it in an appropriately secure manner - which they clearly didn't.

What happened to you was equally diabolical but I would suggest it happened due to the scumbags chancing their arm and feeling less vulnerable due to the isolation, rather than them knowing what you had, which makes it quite different to the Red Bull crime.

The rape example is not really comparable I'm afraid, a crime which is driven by very different motives but obviously aborhent in every sense and every case.  If I were to compare the Red Bull crime to anything, I'd say it was like walking down a dark alley in a strange town with pound notes hanging out of your pockets while having a hamster on a lead for protection.

I'm with Jeff on this one  :angry:

1st offence a warning

2nd offence jail

3rd offence chop their left hand off

4th offence chop their right hand off

5th offence chop their head off....problem solved.

There is no excuse for repeat offending  :angry:

Remove 2-4 and that is enough............too many do gooders in the past and present hence we are in the state we are ! 

Hurdi for Imam. Seems to work over there reasonably well.

Bob :d

I dont wanna be an Iman Bob, I just think the punishment should fit the crime, there is far too much wrist slapping and too many do gooders telling us the poor little loves have had a hard life, well most of us from working class backgrounds have had a flippin' hard life and we didn't turn to crime :angry:

• Like 1

I'm with you matey, too many do-gooders protecting the thieving scumbags. As someone said you should loose some of your rights once you have crossed that line. Not too many repeat offenders East of Cyprus, two strikes and you can't feed yourself or more importantly carry out your ablutions in the prescribed manner.

Just off to church now - not.

Bob :p 

The reason this IS a nice country is we're

Not savages that cut people's hands off or put people to death. However I have to agree with the wider sentiment that it all appears a bit soft for those to whom criminality comes more naturally. Don't get me wrong, prison is an awful place for 'normal' folk but there is a section of the population that it means nothing to. If favour longer sentences (or just serving those given out!) with options for the prisoner. Either they can choose to better themselves through education or they can enjoy something on the level of breaking rocks. Or, to return this to a degree of barbarism, everyone loves reality TV now right? Surely the time is right for The Running Man? Who could play the role of the Stalkers though?

The reason this IS a nice country is we're

Not savages that cut people's hands off or put people to death. However I have to agree with the wider sentiment that it all appears a bit soft for those to whom criminality comes more naturally. Don't get me wrong, prison is an awful place for 'normal' folk but there is a section of the population that it means nothing to. If favour longer sentences (or just serving those given out!) with options for the prisoner. Either they can choose to better themselves through education or they can enjoy something on the level of breaking rocks. Or, to return this to a degree of barbarism, everyone loves reality TV now right? Surely the time is right for The Running Man? Who could play the role of the Stalkers though?

I have always been a supporter of the death penalty, but when it was abolished it was sold to the public that those taking life would die in jail. This does not happen to the vast majority of murderers, only those special ones have that to contend with.

Now as for jail being a bad place, one of my staff was jailed for a motoring offence, he fell to sleep at the wheel of his car. There were two things he found bad about prison, one was the boredom, as all the education they supposedly get offered seemed to be lacking. The second was the internal examination when the prison had a drug problem. Allegedly young lads are forced to hide drugs for "hard men".

He comes from a good family but did his time easy enough. He does not want to go back but now he has been it holds no fear. If that is how he feels a criminal sees it as an occupational hazard.

But back on the subject, you don't need to chop off hands, you make sentances longer, you make prison harder by taking away the privaliges that old people cannot afford and make then do work that either educates or makes them never want to go back.

That is what the average person wants because locking people away keeps criminals off the street, if they behave they get let out, if they do not their sentence is increased.

The chopping off of hands was in jest, just to emphasise the point that punishment should be just that, punishment.

Remember a few years ago when inmates at Strangeways got on the roof for a protest then they started to strip the roof tiles?

Well if i'd had my way tha'ts how it would have remained til' they put it back, but no, it cost us (the taxpayers) hundreds of thousands of pounds to make sure they didn't get cold and wet the next time it rained

There is a modicum of jest but remember the most popular male name in the UK is now I believe not John, James but starts with an M and ends with a D. Not slagging off our muslim brothers but with the dilution of societies standards what do we expect. God forbid there was even a programme on the TV about good old fashioned use of the cane at school. Well absolutely barbaric we shout, but not really the baby boomers did ok on it.  If the use of "local" rules is good for some maybe other local rules may assist so if you are caught Kn*bbing or grooming young girls and you just happen to be from foreign shores well I'm for the local rules. Would I throw the first stone, if it were my daughter bring on the JCB.

Back to the main thread if the trophies had been better protected this may not have happened ok in hindsight.

Soap box away now

Bob   :d

That baby name story was a distortion to make a headline. You need to add all the various spellings together and it's the norm to use the child's middle name as an everyday name.

send them all to Milton keynes - that should do it :laugh::oops::p

• 2 weeks later...

BBC news says the trophies have been recovered from a lake on the 16th near Sandhurst.

Bob :)

Well, 20 of them anyway... and damaged. :(

I'm with Jeff on this one  :angry:

1st offence a warning

2nd offence jail

3rd offence chop their left hand off

4th offence chop their right hand off

5th offence chop their head off....problem solved.

There is no excuse for repeat offending  :angry:

Don't ponce about go straight to No 5 then throw whats left in a skip.

To ruddy namby pamby in this country.

They are more interested in grabbing fines than jailing these scumbags.

It's ruddy sad when you have to bolt down anything of value in case some s*******e bag whats to help their selves to it.

Saying red bull should have installed security to protect the replica trophies is daft. Trophies made from precious metals of that value end up in a vault somewhere (Or should be) if not,  Don't forget to install high security measures on your front door to protect the presents under the tree .

Have a good Christmas all

Not surprised it could be pulled off, but also wonder who or why would ever do such a thing.

It also surprises me that they do not even have good enough cameras to get a plate ID off the cars used.

That's basics that even small holdings have.

Daniel