Bad news for Redbull racing

Sparkymart

And if they get caught what will they get. This will be someone who assumed that they were gold or silver with a scrap value making it worth doing.

All thieves are scum and until we get tough and treat them as scum and not the victims then the hard work of others will always be at risk.

I was recently burgled and one person asked on Facebook of my wife, if we flaunted our wealth? Well as an ordinary guy with a job who works hard we live in a live house, at the side of others who have worked hard, if that is flaunting wealth then yes, but should it make a difference?

Burgle a home, slap on wrist, tell a lie in court go to jail and yet everyone who is found guilty in court is a liar yet no jail.

I hope they get these back but I doubt they will

• Like 1

Jeff, we must not forget that the criminals have rights too, no matter how unpalatable this point seems.  Their childhood anxieties could be key to their rehabilitation.

Junker  :oops:

IMHO criminal lose certain rights when they commit a crime. There are to many willing to explain away criminality on the upbringing, but many thousands who were brought up with little in the way of luxuries did not turn to crime, they worked hard and honestly to get themselves out of where they started.

I am all for rehabilitation, but for some they will never change. Take the young lad who was called by the press safari boy. Caught time after time they decided to take him on an African safari to shown him love etc. Now a young man he has just started on his second term in prison this week. Perhaps if he had been up at 6.00am everyday breaking rocks instead of play stations and going to the gym, maybe just maybe he would have changed.

A friend of my dad was a "wrong un" when he was given the birch at 18, he vowed never to go back to his old ways. He became a millionaire due to hard work, perhaps if he had been on a safari he would not have done that.

My uncle is well known in the football world (now retired) earning 49 caps for his country and a several FA cup medals, just to name a few from his life long career,He was burgled a couple of years back and had all of his trophies stollen, and to this day none of the stuff has ever been found,

As with redbulls trophies what can you do with then you can't just put them on EBay or advertise them in the free ads so like Jeff said they will probably be metled down for scrap, there not the sort of thing you can put on display in your own book case

Terrible of course but theft is hardly new, just the tools and methods used.  Frankly, they could and should have seen this coming and had vehicle barriers and other security measures in place.

They claim most of them were replicas, but not sure if that's a bluff.  There are at least three identical FA Cups out there as they are used for publicity ops all over the place.

And let's not forget the original World Cup trophy and Pickles the dog...

Terrible of course but theft is hardly new, just the tools and methods used. Frankly, they could and should have seen this coming and had vehicle barriers and other security measures in place.

They claim most of them were replicas, but not sure if that's a bluff. There are at least three identical FA Cups out there as they are used for publicity ops all over the place.

and shergar

and shergar

He was delicious.

As with redbulls trophies what can you do with then you can't just put them on EBay or advertise them in the free ads so like Jeff said they will probably be metled down for scrap, there not the sort of thing you can put on display in your own book case

They'll be put on the black market and eventually sold to some wealthy individual in Eastern Europe. That's if they were not stolen to order in the first place.

Terrible of course but theft is hardly new, just the tools and methods used.  Frankly, they could and should have seen this coming and had vehicle barriers and other security measures in place.

They claim most of them were replicas, but not sure if that's a bluff.  There are at least three identical FA Cups out there as they are used for publicity ops all over the place.

But what is reasonable Scott. We should not have to live in Fort Knox and Redbull should not need to have measures in place to stop someone driving a truck into the building. That is the argument that was suggested by someone asking if we flaunted our wealth?

In the same way a woman should be able to dress how she wants, but some think when they are raped it is somehow their fault.

The blame lies with criminals, and those who buy stolen goods. I know I will sound like a broken record but until we have punishments that fit it will never improve.

I'm with Jeff on this one  :angry:

1st offence a warning

2nd offence jail

3rd offence chop their left hand off

4th offence chop their right hand off

5th offence chop their head off....problem solved.

There is no excuse for repeat offending  :angry:

"A silver 4x4 which was used to drive through the entrance and a further dark coloured, black or dark blue Mercedes estate car. Both are believed to have foreign number plates".

Now I'd hate to pick on our European brethren, but unfortunately you only have to get near to MK to see the huge number of eastern european cars. I wonder how many are legal - I bet half of them are not insured or legal in any way, just lost in the system once they left Latvia ! Presumably they won't be able to trace the owner of the 4x4 !!!.

I doubt they would have stolen them "to order" - they just want the scrap value which they presume or hope will be silver. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they ask RB for a ransom !!

And yes, the factory should have seen something like this happening - would the Tower of London leave the crown jewels on display on an industrial estate with just a couple of B&Q bollards as protection !! 

They'll be put on the black market and eventually sold to some wealthy individual in Eastern Europe. That's if they were not stolen to order in the first place.

I thought stolen to order. Easier ways to get scrap metal than ram raid redbull