Wanted full bolt on roll cage

maxtreats

Looks half decent that, and ok you may not be a coded welder following correctly qualified welding and Inspection procedures but neither where the folk who started building roll cages in the 60's onwards. Not a stupid idea at all as you've put your money where your mouth is and are prepared to rely on your own work to help safeguard yourself.

Good effort I say, if you want the welding inspected or NDT doing I know a few who can, but I don't think as a one off its necessary until you sell the car then you must mention the fact that its a self produced cage.

Yep, well done especially the bends, personally I would have used a similar design to the usual in the roof area where the tubes are bent in wards and  joined in the middle but for a mk1 effort 8/10.

Bob :d :d

What Bob said, well done.

The only other stumbling block may be for competition where an MSA or FIA Homologated cage could be required. But for road use, top marks for having a go!

You are still tempting me at Playskool, I have the rubber stamp from the CEO but asked the question about the SEIW with the FW rear. Does the cage fit down the same angled holes either side of the boot.

Thread hijack over-ish

Bob :t-up:

And don't forget Caged offer the bolt in cage for reasonable money. 

I have a brand new cage never fitted that I bought from the factory this year.

I purchased with one of the parts offers that gave 10% discount.

I would sell on at the price I paid for it if someone wants a cage quickly.

David

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.