Fast-ish diesel estate up to £3K

Quinten

The good thing is your budget will only get you a pre DPF car.     DPF's are a pain in the neck when doing short journeys.

Weekend went different to how I planned it, but good none-the-less.  Mazda6 I was planning to see went from sale on Sat morning, just before I was about to set off, so got dragged into the shopping centre with Mrs Q  :cry:

Later that day a new Mondeo ST appeared on Autotrader, at the same trader I'd seen the week before for an ST.  Went to see that on Sunday and was not 100% convinced this one was the one for me, so walked away.  Then today a car I'd saved in my watched list dropped £400 and into budget (previously just over) so called the seller and will be trekking to Essex on Saturday...  Good things come out of Essex right? ;)

Looks a cracker Quinten :yes: , what's the spec? Always liked that colour and not a great deal of them around. Mine was the Performance Blue( common lol)

It's Sea Grey with factory sunroof, detachable towbar, rear parking sensors and then the standard ST spec, with climate, cruise, heated/cooled seats (front+rear), auto wiper, auto lights, quickclear windscreen, folding mirrors and analog clock  :yes:

There's some things to sort out, but they should hopefully be easy fixes...  ever the optimist! ;)

Nice the heated rear seats were an option at the time mine was built and not the full leather recaro's either. Can't quite see has it Xenon headlights? 

Ah, i forgot to post last Thursday that my mates Dad's Mundaneo TDCi decided to ingest it's fuel pump, engine knackered, replacement engine cost is more than car is worth!

If you want a source of spare parts give me a shout, i'm sure the dead car can be obtained for very little dosh!

Nice the heated rear seats were an option at the time mine was built and not the full leather recaro's either. Can't quite see has it Xenon headlights? 

The Recaro's are very nice, but very rare too, so not many cars about, and those that have them, command a premium.  Same for the Nav.  The lights are normal Halogen.  Probably for the best, as Xenons at this age may go problematic...

Went through the owners manual this morning and discovered a whole stack of receipts from servicing, tucked away inside the holder.  Bonus  :yes:

Ah, i forgot to post last Thursday that my mates Dad's Mundaneo TDCi decided to ingest it's fuel pump, engine knackered, replacement engine cost is more than car is worth!

If you want a source of spare parts give me a shout, i'm sure the dead car can be obtained for very little dosh!

Can't think of anything immediately, although the central armrest is a bit wonky, so if your mates-dad has one which is still in one piece, I may be interested ;)  Seems to be very common for these to break judging by the 3 out of 3 cars I've seen...

Quinten I have or should I say my son has a pair of genuine Ford Xenon headlight units complete if you have a notion later to try some upgradites on the ST, he was going to change his ST to Xenons but never got round to it. 

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind!  For now I just want to fix the "important" things (petrol flap sticks, wet passenger footwell, parking sensors beep as if an obstruction is near) before I start looking at upgrades :)

Toyota 2.2 diesels are fine. My wife's RAV4 does 45+ mpg easily. If one does less there is something wrong with it such as a turbo or injector fault

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.