Fast-ish diesel estate up to £3K

Quinten

The Vectra is dead  :no: 

2014-12-02+07_52_00.jpg

So now I need a new car to taxi the family around in... Anyone selling something mildly interesting? Looking for an estate (or BIG 4x4) and would prefer diesel due to 15-20K annual milage...

Yikes!  What happened?

Car pulled out in front of me on a NSL.  Had no option other than brake and brace  :cry:   Luck (for me) would have it that in the aftermath 2 (off duty) police officers were involved, so he got done with careless driving.  Should make the insurance issue easier to resolve (ever the optimist!).

• Like 1

You seem to have lost a few inches  in the process too  :down:

Who's taking the pictures smarty pants!  :p

Sorry to hear it Q, glad you're ok though and have witnesses to prove it was the other parties' fault.

• Like 1

Poor Vectra, at least you're OK  . How  about a Passat 4 motion   estate with what ever engine you fancy?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Had a quick look just now at the Passat, but tbh, for what they are, they don't seem to be too exciting?  Smaller boot than the Vectra and not any quicker.  Strong contenders so far are Vectra (better the devil you know ;)), Mondeo ST-TDCI, Accord Tourer and as a wildcard an Octavia vRS (cos I just loved my Mk1's).

Octavia vRS is the way forward in my honest and totally unbiased opinion! :d

• Like 1

Octavia vRS is the way forward in my honest and totally unbiased opinion! :d

Was just going to post the exact same Barnie!

They're very good value 2nd hand.

• Like 1

I'm a great fan of bangernomics.  Don't forget the Freelander

Work out where the rich people live, and find something that's been used to cart kids and dogs about

Freelander does nothing for me. And it really doesn't look like it will give any driver enjoyment either (I've never driven one, but a brick shape usually drives like one). The Vectra was a very easy car to boot around the country lanes, and the 150bhp 1.9 ctdi engine suits it. It just looks dull as dishwater, which is why I'm looking at the other ones mentioned.

Saab 93? Essentially a vectra underneath.

I quite like the look of the st tdci mondeos to.

Not exactly exciting or sporting or stunning or what you've expressed an interest in, but,

I do have a very nice 2004 Focus ( 5 door hatch ) 1.8 TDCI Ghia 78,000 miles, heated front screen, 6 cd player, a/c,e/w,e/m,c/l, 1 family owned from new, full history, all old  MOT's and a new one when sold, belts done, new turbo, 4 x new Yokohama's  all ready to go  :yes:

Not at all what you want, but a lot of car for well under your budget  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Saab 93? Essentially a vectra underneath.

I quite like the look of the st tdci mondeos to.

Actually, the 9-5 is more suited, and yes, it's another one of those that I'd consider

Not exactly exciting or sporting or stunning or what you've expressed an interest in, but,

I do have a very nice 2004 Focus ( 5 door hatch ) 1.8 TDCI Ghia 78,000 miles, heated front screen, 6 cd player, a/c,e/w,e/m,c/l, 1 family owned from new, full history, all old  MOT's and a new one when sold, belts done, new turbo, 4 x new Yokohama's  all ready to go  :yes:

Not at all what you want, but a lot of car for well under your budget  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I think I'd have a hard time fitting the family *and* their luggage into that on a holiday to southern France ;) It would have been ideal for the Mrs though, but she's got a C3 which she's happy with...

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.