New Member and soon to be Westfield owner (I hope)

tucky40

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member from the High Wycombe area. I've been a petrol head since 17 with various quick road cars over the years, and a good few track days under my belt.

I've had a couple of years away from fun cars while being a bit too sensible and becoming a father (which I've loved). I'm now desperate to get myself a westfield to do the odd road trip, track day and hopefuly some events further down the line. I really want to be able learn the limits of the car in a controlled manner and become a much better driver. I feel I've reached the limits of my ability and need proper exposure to the rawness of a real drivers car to improve further.

Any advice of finding the right car would be greatly appreciated with a budget of up to £10k. Ideally I'd like a car that would be close in performance with my best mates caterham super sport as we will do lots of car stuff together.

I've done a little research but would like a seiw or sei car with a 4 pot engine and something in the region of 150-180bhp. A car that would have the scope to be tuned if and when I may want more performance in future.

Looking forward to getting my car and getting along to some of the meets and events ASAP.

Regards, Ben.

Ben 

You wont go wrong buying this car, he is a mate and he is part of the Cotswold area club.

The car would be great for, track days, Sprints and road trips

Click Here

Hi Tom,

I did have a good look at the post, does look very nice and certainly the sort of spec I would be interested in. Is a silvertop ford engine considered inferior to the latter ford engines? Definitely a lovely car.

A few more I've seen......

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-seiw--vx-on-tbs-dry-sump--amazing-spec-no-expense-spared/2959802

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/1800-zetec-seiw16v-widebody-fuel-injection/2706867

Any opinions on what I should or should be looking for with regards to spec.

Very nice too, I really like the black and red combo.

What I don't want to do is rush in a buy a car straight away. I would really like to build up my knowledge on the engine, suspension options. I don't want to buy a car hastily to find the engine doesn't have the scope for tuning in future or the suspension and brakes are too basic If I start getting into events down the line.

Come along to our local meet and we can all chat to you

Details in my signature, next meet is tomorrow night!

:ww:   Ben

As suggested your local meet is a great place to start looking, but not so many westys out over the next few monthly meets :(

Good to see your looking at cars with the best engine :d a zesty zetec ,  best of luck with your search and may be see you at the Herts, Beds & Bucks meet soon :yes:

FWIW

Christian ( Hellski ) on here has his black seiw zetec powered car for sale at the mo, this sounds right up your street, I can't actually believe his selling after putting so much time and money into it earlier this year, I think you'd be hard pushed to better it :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

:ww:

I know of black Mazda based car, IVA'd this summer and set-up by NMS within your budget- based in North Herts. You'd be welcome to come and play along with a trip to your local area to see what else there is.

Thanks for the friendly welcome gents, it really is appreciated. I'll more than likely pop up to north Oxford tomorrow Gary, don't want to miss the opportunity for a meet before the winter sets in.

Christians car does look spot on so will more than likely drop him a line and maybe have a look.

Andy how common are mazda based cars? Sounds interesting,how would it compare to a ford or vauxhall setup?

Ben.

Hi Ben, here's your missing thread!  ;)  :d 

Oh oh and welcome by the way  :ww: 

Gary's North Oxford meet is a great place to start - it'll really help fill you with ideas and boost your enthusiasm even more! And from the advert and all his previous posts, Christian's car really does look like a fantastic example, would make a stunning first car...  :yes: 

Ben came along to our monthly meet on Wednesday night, and I think we probably had his head spinning by the end of the night!

It was good to meet you Ben, good luck with the hunt for the right car  :)

Class winning mighty cross flow in budget and set up by NMS available potentially....

Hi Gary was great to meet you guys. All the advice was welcome and help to create a clearer picture of what I'm looking for.

Alexandre please tell me more. I'm pretty sure I'm looking for an engine with more tuning potential but I certainly won't rule anything out at this stage.