Advice please re; 3 Westfield's on the For Sale section !

Northern Chap

OK....

I do 15-20 UK trackdays a year mainly Oulton, Cadwell, Donnington, Croft....

I do Spa 3-4 times a year where the likes of Kemmel requires a car capable of hitting at least 135-145mph

It will be trailered to and from each track, in the nicer months I MAY have a blast out BUT its not a must in my purchasing the right car

I want something SORTED already, not a project.... I dont mind having certain things upgraded if needs be...

I have raced successfully in years gone by as well as being a Chief ARDS instructor so like to think Im not a novice ;-)

I am ready to buy NOW with a budget of £20k for the RIGHT car.....

Im fairly keen on 3 listed on our own forum for sale section....

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/111451-roadtrack-high-spec-westfield-220bhp-20ltr-zetec/

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/111328-seight-club-for-sale-rare-car-%25C2%25A339000-to-build/

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/109738-westfield-seiw-2-litre-zetec-250bhp-road-legal-sprint-car-plus-covered-trailer-%25C2%25A3155k-package/

Any advice would be much greatly appreciated folks

Regards

Chris

Hi there and welcome!

They're all nice cars, but for your needs and budget I don't think you can better this one:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/111451-roadtrack-high-spec-westfield-220bhp-20ltr-zetec/

If you haven't come across Blink yet, just spend a bit more time on here and you'll see what they're all about :t-up:

Go see them then you'll know which to buy!  :p

• Like 1

I would buy RobC's car in an instant as it is proven and osrted and bleedin quick. If I couldn't have that I would have a mighty cross flow 

• Like 1

Either of the two 4-pot cars. Rob's looks a bit more track focused, bit I'd go for Fraser's because its got less power and a full screen, so will be a bit slower. Yep, you read that right, IME you'll get frustrated with traffic with such a quick car.

I think you will struggle for noise in all of those cars at Donny, and certainly at 'regular' days at Croft.

Either of the two 4-pot cars. Rob's looks a bit more track focused, bit I'd go for Fraser's because its got less power and a full screen, so will be a bit slower. Yep, you read that right, IME you'll get frustrated with traffic with such a quick car.

I think you will struggle for noise in all of those cars at Donny, and certainly at 'regular' days at Croft.

Robs noise static is stated at circa 97dbs with Donny at 98, Croft & the rest at 105 on "normal" days ?

Frasers must be a similar level....

The V8 maybe BUT having twin rear zorsts the noise is tested differently....

It's a tricky one. For your purposes, as Adam said, I'd be looking at the Zetec cars. (The V8 sounds nice, but for someone looking for the track car that you suggest, not in the same league).

Splitting them is tricky though. On the one hand, you have an aeroscreened car with full cage and trailer in a package ready to go straight to the track. On the other you've got the half cage and comfy trim plus a heater and screen. 

The power outputs probably aren't wildly different, though the windscreen will blunt that at the highest speed on Frase's car. Then again, Fras's car (the BLiNK Motorsport car) has had literally years and years of On track development form Richard and Fraser at BLiNK. (It's been round Oulton Park so many times it probably knows it's own way now!) If I remember rightly, Fras has had it out at Spa as well.

Yet Rob's is also a well developed car, as its class wins etc show!

What a fantastic pair of cars to be choosing between though.  :yes: 

What a fantastic pair of cars to be choosing between though. :yes:

Agreed!

Donny is drive by noise (induction often louder than exhaust for these cars), Croft ia usually 88 I thought, with few 105 'noisy' days?

Either way, they both seem to be great cars, try and see them both?

• Like 1

:ww:  Chris,   I can't suggest which car is best for you, I think you need to take some time to see all 3. 

There's a lot of us amateur Track day heros that could benefit from your experience, so I hope your up for it when you have found the right car.   There is a couple of us that want to got to Spa as well next year.

• Like 1

Either way, they both seem to be great cars, try and see them both?

That's the way to do it...

If Frazer's car needs the carpets out and an aeroscreen to get it 'just right' it wouldn't be hard to do.

• Like 1

I am going to see Fraser's car Thursday, my only addition (other than discussing a poss aero screen etc...) will be a full cage....

Having had tintops over the years & currently running a track focused Evo 6RS with huge power, I bought a Tiger R6 last month running a S2000, took it to Oulton Park, enjoyed it... But my heart was on a Westfield, a chap made me an offer I couldn't refused so it went....

Im at Donnington this Sunday & was hoping to find my WEsty for then instead of the Evo.... But patience is a virtue ;-)

We love Spa, my wife & I make it a social visit with the trackday a bonus....

I may even join you people on the sprint scene ;-)

I do Spa 3-4 times a year where the likes of Kemmel requires a car capable of hitting at least 135-145mph

135 to 145 mph then car engine in the region of 250 bhp plus and gearbox ratio’s to get you to that speed in a decent time that is IMO. Don’t know about BEC’s but someone will.

Don’t forget Westfields have the aerodynamics of a brick at the speeds your looking for, you might have to consider this.

I can get to 115 to 120 on some of the longer strights with no problems with 2.0 car engine 195bhp MT75 box and 3.62 diff. Anything above that and would need a heck of a long stright with following wind and a big hill. Others are going quicker than me but differant set up so I think you need to choose carefully. 

Terry

• Like 1

Yeah, you'll need to ignore top speed a bit I think - Rob's car should get to the lower bracket of your 'requirement' though.

135 to 145 mph then car engine in the region of 250 bhp plus and gearbox ratio’s to get you to that speed in a decent time that is IMO. Don’t know about BEC’s but someone will.

Don’t forget Westfields have the aerodynamics of a brick at the speeds your looking for, you might have to consider this.

Terry

Thanks Terry, gearing is a factor for sure but hopefully if Fraser has taken his to Spa then it may be suited.... Rob says his is capable of 145mph....

Aerodynamics whilst agreed are an ingredient, it can't be any worse than my current 1999 Mitsubishi Evo 6 ;-)

Aerodynamics whilst agreed are an ingredient, it can't be any worse than my current 1999 Mitsubishi Evo 6 ;-)

No really... drag coefficient of around 0.7, akin to a Hummer....!