Problem viewing site on a Netbook. Search function...

TableLeg

I find that if I use the search function, the result opens a separate window which sits on top the webpage underneath.

The problem is that the search result window that opens is half off the bottom of the page.

I am unable to move the window, and despite the fact the window has a slider when multiple results are found I can only slide it down as far as the bottom of the screen as the rest of it is technically off the page.

Has anybody come across this before? Any solutions to fix this?

Is the netbook screen 600 pixels or less high? Found a lot of web sites and applications that have problems with screens this size. Usually when they open a window, or dialog box and assume they have a minimum of 720 pixels of height to play with. Some one may have a solution if you can tell us what operating system and web browser you are using.

Mods - May be worth moving this to the Club Boardroom and Website section?

Jen

Thanks Jen for the reply.

Yes indeed it is 600 pixels high.

The issue is the same in Firefox on Windows as well as on Linux.

Just been having a play and if you use the Advanced Search function then it uses a normal browser window rather than a sort of window overlay and no problems seeing the results. The advanced search is accessed by clicking on the sort of gear wheel button beside the boardroom search box.

I like netbooks. I am now on my second. They are rather slow on Windows 7, but run very nicely on linux with a lightweight windows manager. The assumption that many application managers and web site makers have that no one uses a screen only 600 pixels high is a bit annoying though!

Just been having a play and if you use the Advanced Search function then it uses a normal browser window rather than a sort of window overlay and no problems seeing the results. The advanced search is accessed by clicking on the sort of gear wheel button beside the boardroom search box.

I like netbooks. I am now on my second. They are rather slow on Windows 7, but run very nicely on linux with a lightweight windows manager. The assumption that many application managers and web site makers have that no one uses a screen only 600 pixels high is a bit annoying though!

Excellent Jen thanks that's a good solution. :yes: :yes: :yes:

I too like netbooks, my current has Win 7 on it but I'm currently using Linux Mint off a USB stick and it's great. :d