St Goueno Hillclimb France 2015

windy

Just a heads up for everyone, date for youir diary, weekend of 30th and 31st May 2015.

I hope the mods don't mind me posting up the links to this excellent event :t-up::)

Website to watch when the entries become available: http://www.hillclimbfrance.co.uk/

Talk about the event: http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php/saint-goueno-2015-date-10050.html

Discount offer for competitors on the Ferries: http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php/brittany-ferries-st-goueno-2015-10268.html

A quick checklist of what you'll need:

• Passport
  • 150 Euros for the entry payable in cash when you arrive
  • Non race National A license (easy to upgrade from Nat B in 2015 when you submit your license with signatures).
  • Photocopy of your driving license and competition license
  • HANS device for cars that are newer than 1977
  • In-date harness (only needed for the driver side of the car)
  • Fire extinguisher 2kg minimum
  • Helment, gloves, overalls compliant with current UK regs (does not have to be FIA).
  • Ground sheet (in case your car leaks oil - only applies to X-flow owners He Heh!) :laugh:
  • Beer / Cidre / Wine, money & a sense of adventure! :d

Who's going to join me then?

Thats the Pembrey weekend and also possibly Coventry City ring road event

Free drink, Food, Entertainment, Transport to / from paddock / accommodation, Miss Brittanny to kiss if you win an award, Sunday 4 course Lunch & a goody bag to take home. I think Coventry ring road and Pembrey are going to find it hard to better that :d

Sounds a great event but the cost of towing fuel, recovery insurance, ferry is high

£530 for the ferry return (Van, large trailer + car) includes overnight cabin for 2 people.

150 Euros for the entry fee

40 minute drive from St Malo so not too much fuel to use to get there

£60 for the accommodation 3 nights or you can camp for free

The only expensive bit is the Ferry. What you save on the entry fee over a UK weekend event (IRO £200) goes some way to contribute to the ferry cost. 

It looks like a great event and one year I will do it  :d  :d

Hmm seriously considering this, it sounds like a real good weekend, how do I go about upgrading my licence from a national B to an A ?

Have a look in the MSA blue book Martin

You just need to get your licence signed at sprints and then buy a new grade A licence for more money

Signed by who Terry ? ( im at work and don't have a blue book here )

You leave it with the organisers at signing on and it gets signed by the officials Clerk of Course or MSA official and you pick it up at end of meeting. You need the upgrade card/sheet with your licence 

Ok cheers Terry, just home now reading up on this  :t-up: