Ca**ington Water, Peak District, Sun 23 Nov

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meeting at The Strines Inn 10.30am. Then off through the Peak District to Ca**ington Water where Guy Martin practised in his hovercraft for his world speed record attempt.

The cafe has been vetted for man food and it has passed.

Weather permitting.

Everyone welcome.

Hi Julie

We ought to have man food ratings for all these cafes say 1 through to 5 lard bars :p

Barry

Poor Steve, working this weekend, then I will be away at the Heritage Motor Centre visit the week after, which puts you back at work the weekend after that. So I guess we will hope to see you in about a months time then.

Hooray to bioman and biowoman coming. If Tricky and Rickyboy turn up we can make it really interesting by having 3 Richards together.

So that is 

1. Barry and Andrew

2. Richard and Liz

Anyone else coming? the jam and cream scones are to die for in the cafe.

UPDATE- Due to an unpredictable weather forecast I am moving the meeting time to 11.30am. Hopefully any rain will have cleared away by then. 

If in the Westfields - After a tyre kick and a coffee I will take us on a shorter route round.

If in the Tin Tops - After a tyre kick and coffee we can grab some lunch, they start serving food at 12. 

Barry - I don't think it's a manfood kind of place though, more roast dinner with cholesterol free vegetables, will you cope?

So far we have Tricky, Bioman and Biowoman, Barry and Andrew.

Cheers Julie and Glen and everyone who joined us this afternoon. Much better than watching F1 :)

Barry

• Like 1

Off topic..but.. WELL DONE HAMMY.

OK  so we totally didn't go anywhere near Ca**ington Water but not to worry we will get there another time. Thank you to Richard (Tricky) and Liz, John and Jackie, Barry and Andrew and Richard (Bioman) and Liz for coming out today. I must thank my hubby Glen for being as nutty as me and jumping in the Westfield on such a dodgy weather day.

A lack of Westfields but it was no less of a day as the company was just brilliant and a great laugh. 

23Nov14001_zps5e0fecf1.jpg

Flanked by the tin tops.

We got up to light rain, set off in dry but heavy cloud giving way to clear skys and even sunshine, how brill was that. We all met at The Strines and sat indoors, which felt strange, as we decided what to do with the day. The Yonderman Cafe won the vote so off we went for Grade 4 manfood.

23Nov14004_zps4c621cfa.jpg

Silver is popular then

23Nov14003_zps4c9ae5b3.jpg

There he is on the wall of the cafe....oh so cute.

After lunch we had a run down Winnats Pass before a quick visit to Castleton and then dispersing.

It was lovely to see you all and thanks again for coming.

Hi Julie & Glen,

Well a big thank you for letting Liz and I be a part of your Peak District "Club". 

Feel we let you down by coming in the Tin Top but you led the way so well done you.

Very nice to meet you John & Jackie ( hope spelling right) and you Barry & Andrew ( your a credit to your Dad).

Tricky, great to meet Liz, don't sell the Westie but if you do, keep being part of the club your an asset  to any meet.

Great day out! 

See you on 20th Dec.

Thanks Bioman & Mrs Bioman

• Like 1

"OK  so we totally didn't go anywhere near Ca**ington Water but not to worry we will get there another time. Thank you to Richard (Tricky) and Liz, John and Jackie, Barry and Andrew and Richard (Bioman) and Liz for coming out today. I must thank my hubby Glen for being as nutty as me and jumping in the Westfield on such a dodgy weather day.

A lack of Westfields but it was no less of a day as the company was just brilliant and a great laugh. 

23Nov14001_zps5e0fecf1.jpg

Flanked by the tin tops."

You had to do the manly woman type thingy and do the Westy today now your A.O. its your duty.  :popcorn:

Was much warmer and drier than in recent weeks for me.  :p

Good to see folks out and about even though weather was very average first thing, it made a pleasant if a bit chilly afternoon, plus the scenery was at its green best after all the rain.

(Even managed to get 24.7 mpg) lol. 

Thanks for the kind comments Rich  :blush:

• Like 2

My favourite teenager has sent me this picture that he took last Sunday so I thought I would share it with you. 

RITA_zps80afb87e.jpg

Thanks Andrew.

• Like 2

good to see you all had a great time, I was unfortunately working too but im gonna put the 20th dec in my phone calendar so I cant miss another one, the question is, will I risk getting the bumble bee out or not.

Probably not a good idea Rick as some of the valley bottoms on Mortimer road might be Fords if the weather carries on as it is.

Barry

good thinking Barry cheers, tin top it is then, in that case I may have the 3 girls with me to keep me in order.

That's a four drink round Rick :o !!!!

Barry