My area meet details on profile?

thinkturbo

Brilliant, when my car is completed I fully intend travelling in it to area meetings. But with the demise of my local area Bath &Bristol (before I joined the club) I have no way of finding out who the local members are? For all I know there could be somebody in the next street building a car in their garage like me!

At the moment, all we can offer is the member map here, which, (rightly, in my personal opinion), is optional.

It's an interesting and slightly tricky question of how we can help local members "find each other", while at the same time respecting those who like to limit the personal information they display on the web.

well said Dave, it's a choice for all, at what levels they want to be involved.

Also going to my first meet, which is tomorrow night is daunting as I haven't met anyone on here that's in my local meet, whereas if I'd got a repore with someone, like I have with a few on here already, meeting them would be so much easier, maybe that's why people don't go too meets???

Meets are very popular, though it's a peculiarity of life that some areas have fewer online members. In one or two cases, virtually no on line members, and yet they are highly active very friendly areas.

We do as a club and as AO's appreciate that many do have the same trepidation when it comes to attending their first meet, particularly in a busy pub, where it can be hard to even spot other members, sometimes. Especially come winter, with people inside instead of helpfully stood next to Westfields!

Its one of the reasons the club armed EVERY AO with a bright blue shirt, with both the club logo AND the AO's name on it; at least one person at the meet stands out and is easily identified. Plus members don't have to panic at remembering the AO's name when they may have been quickly introduced to a dozen people or more.

Feeling like there's one person you know at least, does help.

And if you're ever stuck, breaking the ice at a meet, just announce loudly and clearly that you'd like to do a load of winter upgrades but you're not sure what! (There's nothing we like more than spending someone's upgrade money...) You'll still be going strong when the pub kicks everyone out ;)

Brilliant, when my car is completed I fully intend travelling in it to area meetings. But with the demise of my local area Bath &Bristol (before I joined the club) I have no way of finding out who the local members are? For all I know there could be somebody in the next street building a car in their garage like me!

I had a guy come up to the garage when I was working on the weekend who lives up the road who is also building a kit, it's a DAX though (and all he really wanted was to borrow my engine crane  :laugh: )