My area meet details on profile?

thinkturbo

Why am I detailed as Warwickshire on profile, then it says Black Country???

I'm ****** no where near, and Black Country is DY postcode not Warwickshire surely?

Think the Wscc needs to sort out its areas and meets, all wrong in MY area, I'll create my own?.!

I live in north warwickshire but ime closer to cannock and derby notts meets than the warwickshire one

Its a big county

• Like 1

Your profile shows the distance to your two nearest local area meets. warwickshire being the closest one and then the Black Country as the next furthest away.

Volunteers for new Area Organisers are always welcomed. If you're interested in getting involved please drop a PM or Email to Dave Eastwood.

The Area Map: http://www.wscc.co.uk/local.htm and the Member map: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/membermap/ are handy to put this into context, certainly if there is a bit of gap, as others have said getting something local going would be great :)

• Like 1

Club members who want to go to local meets aren't obliged or assigned to go to any particular area. Members don't even have to pick an area to be a member of, everyone is welcome at any meet and can go to as many different meets as they fancy. (We have a few members who often work all round the country for a few days at a time, who like to pop into a nearby meet if one is available!)

Indeed, we even encourage inter-area events, where whole areas get together for runs out, meet ups or other social events.

The nearest meet(s) info is just a helpful guide as to where the geographically nearest meeting venue(s) are. It will first try and find a couple within a short distance from your postcode, if that fails, it will then expand the search radius, and if I remember what Adrian told us correctly, if that fails, it will have a third and final go! - As it often needs to North of the Border.

I've checked the distances from you to the Black Country and Warks' venues manually, Warks' was a sixteen mile drive, and the Black Country 23 miles, according to Google maps, so not to far out.

However, if you fancy getting involved, we're always on the lookout for ways to increase local  attendance to meets! Typically, when trying to see if a new area is viable, members do exactly as you've done :yes: , get posting and see if you can get a group of like minded members nearby interested. This is exactly how Gary got the North Oxford area started a few years ago.

Please don't hesitate to drop me a PM/email, or give me a call!

I would say you are a lucky boy Mr Think,  2 area meets to go to and get involved with.  Down here in sunny Essex we are often share events with Andy's North London mob.

• Like 1

I would say you are a lucky boy Mr Think,  2 area meets to go to and get involved with.

Agreed my 2 area meets are 48 and 51 miles!

• Like 1

Agreed my 2 area meets are 48 and 51 miles!

??? On my screen, they show as 37 and 39 miles...

• Like 1

Interesting, I just took my postcode and the postcodes of Dorset and Hants & Wilts areas bunged them into AA route planner that's what came out! How did you do it?

Interesting, I just took my postcode and the postcodes of Dorset and Hants & Wilts areas bunged them into AA route planner that's what came out! How did you do it?

Ah, that's a very different method.  The one used backstage in the forums is based on the direct distance between the postcode at the member's registered address and the postcode at the local meet as the crow flies.  Although an 11-mile and a 12-mile discrepancy between "as the crow flies" and the AA calculated routes is interesting and a bit odd. ???

Although an 11-mile and a 12-mile discrepancy between "as the crow flies" and the AA calculated routes is interesting and a bit odd. ???

Not many straight roads down ere in Moonraker country!

It's because you are measuring with US miles :laugh:

One of the members who attends the Dorset meeting travels up from Dawlish, Devon ~60 miles and comes in his Westfield throughout the year. I travel down from Yeovil, Somerset ~25 miles and another regular attendee comes from Castle Cary, Somerset ~40 miles.

One of the members who attends the Dorset meeting travels up from Dawlish, Devon ~60 miles and comes in his Westfield throughout the year. I travel down from Yeovil, Somerset ~25 miles and another regular attendee comes from Castle Cary, Somerset ~40 miles.

Brilliant, when my car is completed I fully intend travelling in it to area meetings. But with the demise of my local area Bath &Bristol (before I joined the club) I have no way of finding out who the local members are? For all I know there could be somebody in the next street building a car in their garage like me!