ZEI - LHD / Project?

cszjrh

Hi All,

After taking my Dad out in my XE SE at the weekend it has reignited his hopes of owning a 7.  Main challenge is that he lives in Norway so would need type approval which has led him to the ZEI. 

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it....."  Anyone know of any looking for a new home?  Ideal would be a LHD "project" car but given they are rare any in original spec could be of interest.

Cheers,

John

What's his budget? Would the Sport Turbo's type approvals count?

Hi Dave, the Sports Turbo approvals would work however....

The import would attract 25% VAT plus additional power and weight taxes - the last two reduce with age hence the double appeal of the ZEI.

So to make the total cost justifiable he'd really be looking for a car around £7-8K otherwise it would start getting silly.

Ah, I understand. They are out there, you just need to advertise far and wide! And be patient of course!!!

I'd be looking to get wanted ads on as many "related" sites as possible.

I'd ask the factory too.  Their Scandanavian agent might know of someone who wants a new one but needs to sell their old one first.

I have been informed by an x member that he is considering selling his ZEI will pm you his email address in a bit.

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

I don't know if this might be of any help to you, but I own a 2006 1600 Sport which is for sale.

It is with me in Spain on Spanish plates and has been for the last 2 years.

It is fully matriculated etc. with Speedo in km, LHD head lights etc.

If any help, please get back to me.

Dippers.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.