Novice looking to join ?

thinkturbo

Ok, missus give the go ahead now, so this is my car spec,

Rollbar standard,

Oil catch tank 1 litre,

Battery cut off on exterior of car, need sticker for on/off.

3 pt will ans harnesses,

1700 x flow mighty I hope, road registered.

What more will I need to sort?

Also need some gear to where?, where is the best to source this, as on a budget...

Cheers

You need an MSA licence, helmet, gloves and overalls to MSA requirements. Most use race boots.

I think you now need 4 point harnesses and you would need someone to look at your roll over bar and advise if its ok. Can you post a picture on here.Most of us have the battery cut off switch on the dash or tunnel so we can reach it. Any ignition switch must have an on/off sticker. You will also need to fabricate and attach a timing strut to the front of the car. 

But if you have a cut off switch fitted it must work and have a sticker

You need an MSA licence, helmet, gloves and overalls to MSA requirements. Most use race boots.

I think you now need 4 point harnesses and you would need someone to look at your roll over bar and advise if its ok. Can you post a picture on here.Most of us have the battery cut off switch on the dash or tunnel so we can reach it. Any ignition switch must have an on/off sticker. You will also need to fabricate and attach a timing strut to the front of the car.

It's in the members gallery think turbos sei

Does anyone sell a timing strut?, I have ignition key to make live, then a push button start, as well as bat cut off

Only have 3 points on the chassis for my harnesses

You really need a proper MSA/RAC roll over bar for safety

• Like 1

As Terry says RAC roll bar as a minimum & 4 point harnesses  "thinksafety"    ;) It doesn't happen often, but a few of us have rolled Westfields :blush: :blush: :blush:

Speak to Luke at Plays-kool er www.plays-kool.co.uk  he'll supply all your safety equipment at cracking prices :t-up:

How do I fit 4 point harness when I only have 3 point fixings?, as there a special thread?.

Also is it a SPEED category Non-race national B (not EU) license for £43????

You can get weld on bushes with the correct thread. I got mine for £8 off eBay

Yeah that's the correct licence. Make sure you get one for 2015 :yes:

Glad you said that, I was half way through completing the 2014 one!!!