New Addition to the Family

KugaWestie

Today was our second time meeting up with our new addition to the family

Meet Sam

B08223D4-654E-40B8-BB20-8092F731475B_zps

A two and a half week old Labrador male

Due to move in with us sometime in March 2015

• Like 4

Ooh a puppy kit, when doe the body arrive?

:laugh:  :p 

• Like 2

Congrats!  As an owner of a 13-week-old puppy, let me tell you there'll be some interesting times and sleepless nights ahead!  That's quite an advanced amount of time before getting the puppy - is it a trainee guide dog puppy?

• Like 2

Congrats!  As an owner of a 13-week-old puppy, let me tell you there'll be some interesting times and sleepless nights ahead!  That's quite an advanced amount of time before getting the puppy - is it a trainee guide dog puppy?

Thanks Scott.

The breeder has agreed to train the dog for us, so by the time we get him, he will be lead trained, retrieve trained and also house trained. The breeder reckons he will be about 20 weeks old by the time that is all done.

In the meantime, we get to visit once a fortnight.

Then probably a few home visits (where we take him away for a couple of hours then take him back) starting around Xmas

This is a great solution for us all round

• Like 2

Garry,

so jealous! I adore labradors and have owned two in the past - life does not allow dogs at present (can't give them the time they deserve) but you will be smitten! Get ready to have everything chewed to bits though - but you can never stay angry with them for long :-)

..........and Sam is gorgeous!!

• Like 1

Gary,

so jealous! I adore labradors and have owned two in the past - life does not allow dogs at present (can't give them the time they deserve) but you will be smitten! Get ready to have everything chewed to bits though - but you can never stay angry with them for long :-)

..........and Sam is gorgeous!!

Thank Fraser,

I have been around Labs before, my parents had one when I still lived at home. So I know what I am letting myself in for!

We went to see him for the first time when he was only 3 days old, he has grown a lot in two weeks! It was a very long wait to see him again today......

I think he will be a fantastic addition to the family, he is from very good stock

I walk our bearded collie with a couple of black labs every morning and they are delightful creatures.  All round, I'd say they were the perfect pooch - nice balance of fun and maintenance, although they do eat everything they can get their paws on...!  Have fun with the new addition!  

• Like 1

. So I know what I am letting myself in for!

A little bundle of fun :-)

=

With such a cute face you couldn't believe he will chew through everything!! 

I still laugh at the time both mine were young, one 6 months & the other 14 months old. I had washed the sofa covers and literally bobbed out for 5 minutes - I thought a presidential election had taken place on my return! The stuffing had been ripped out of the cushions - toilette roll was unravelled down the stairs and all my video tapes had been pulled out!

Both sat down, wagging hard (in that nervous wag way!) as I came back in and both had stuffing from the cushions on their noses - as I shouted "what the hell have you done" they both looked at each other, wagged a bit harder and had the look of "is he talking to me or you?" on their little black faces  :d

Labradors - amazing Dogs - love them to bits and really miss their company.

Hopefully he can have a trip to BLiNK one day when he's older in the Westie :-)

He  is a good looking Pup!

• Like 2

I have always wanted to own a Lab ever since my parents had theirs, but up until now the time has not really been right.

We are all really looking forward to him joining the family!

Fraser - His ears would flap well in the Westfield  :laugh:

I walk our bearded collie with a couple of black labs every morning and they are delightful creatures.  All round, I'd say they were the perfect pooch - nice balance of fun and maintenance, although they do eat everything they can get their paws on...!  Have fun with the new addition!  

Mustard is a good tool to combat chewing.  I had a black lab growing up (god bless him) and I remember my parents having to put mustard on the wall to prevent him from tunneling through to the garage!

• 2 weeks later...