Heads Up, Guy Martin's at it again! (Sunday, 8pm C4)

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As per the title, this Sunday, another Speed episode; Pike's Peak this time, on a home made bike built specially!  :o  :o  :o  :oops: 

• Like 1

Was a good one, shame his engine wasn't running properly even though he won his class.

Just watched this on +1 brilliant, that turbo charged Suzuki reminded me of my old super street drag bike  :love: ah happy days 

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

Thanks for the heads up - great programme.

"I'm not bothered, but, yes, I am bothered, I am bothered!"  A classic Guy Martinism!!

Liked his hired van - U Hire to GUYHire

Excellent display of utter madness, Guy Martin is some kiddy, absolutely bonkers. How quick or dead would he be if the bike was on song.

Bob :d

Excellent display of utter madness, Guy Martin is some kiddy, absolutely bonkers. How quick or dead would he be if the bike was on song.

I was thinking the same.. I wonder if he'd be tempted to have another shot at it next year? ???

I was thinking the same.. I wonder if he'd be tempted to have another shot at it next year? ???

Just needs to get his fuelling sorted so he can use full throttle.  Actually I hope he doesn't - such a dangerous hill on a motorbike - fall off and you're dead.

Found this report,

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--racing-news/guy-martin-wins-class-at-pikes-peak-on-turbocharged-gsx-r1100/25213.html

One fatality this year.. lost it on the loose stuff after the finish line. rip Bobby Goodin.

Suprisingly few fatalities since it started in 1916, given the nature of the place.. five?

I'm with Martin it would be a shame to lose such a eccentric talent. Just how much quicker would the bike have been with correct fuelling.

Just watched it ,great programme !!

His accent is getting more understandable too, which is a bonus : )

Hovercraft next week !!

Just watched this on +1 brilliant, that turbo charged Suzuki reminded me of my old super street drag bike  :love: ah happy days 

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

Martin  nice bike .   Also explains your initial trouble going around corners  :cry:  :p  :p  :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on 4OD.

What a top bloke but sod all that altitude training in his plastic lined room at home - I'd have had a small oxygen feed into my helmet :d