2 year ban... In a private car park... Must be more to the story

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Ridiculously over the top sentence!!!

My first defence would also be this is on private land!?

Considering what drink drivers get 18 months and few hunded pounds difficult to see how they can justify it!

throw away the keys ! he he

Looks like exactly the sort of laugh any one of us woul get up to. Seemed fairly quiet. 2 year I thought they might have got up to some proper speed though. Down the motorway now that would have been worth 2 years.....

The law applies to any road where the public have access, irrespective of if its private.  The test case related to a caravan site.  You have been warned

A two year ban does appear ridiculous, as the usual no insurance/tax/licence mob seem to get away with a fine, and as for the £60 victim surcharge, words fail me

'kin stupid twonks, dragging a wheelchair around. Really responsible driving - not. I would have thought the trailer passenger would have been stuffed for being a total kn*b. All in the best possible taste of course but still grossly irresponsible and two years probably over severe.

Bob :(

The law applies to any road where the public have access, irrespective of if its private.  The test case related to a caravan site.  You have been warned

A two year ban does appear ridiculous, as the usual no insurance/tax/licence mob seem to get away with a fine, and as for the £60 victim surcharge, words fail me

Didnt know that...the case makes more sense... But how many time as a kid did we drive dads car on sainsuburys on a Sunday... When closed....

Didnt know that...the case makes more sense... But how many time as a kid did we drive dads car on sainsuburys on a Sunday... When closed....

Possibly before the fun police came to power ?

OTT punishment IMHO when compared with what some drink drivers have received.  However, if the idiot in the stolen wheelchair had been killed, his removal from the gene pool could have only been a good thing.  I seem to remember a father in the south got a lengthy ban for pulling his kid on a sledge on the street using a tow rope and a 4x4 a couple of years ago.

I wonder what other existing misdemeanors they already had to suffer a two year ban for what seems like a silly prank - I wouldn't mind betting it there is more to it than meets the eye 

I wonder what other existing misdemeanors they already had to suffer a two year ban for what seems like a silly prank - I wouldn't mind betting it there is more to it than meets the eye 

Excellent point Cleggy  :yes: 

Aye, good point Cleggy, may just be a toting up thing.