oops i need a new windscreen

jjem53

hi all, after an off at snetterton I need a new windscreen ( and other bits ) but is westfield my only option

I don't need heated screen as I have heater

thanks in advance.

jeff

Try a local glass company. In the South West (don't think they will reach as far as you) I used Roman Glass. Took them the frame with the cracked windscreen and within an hour they took it out, made a new one, fitted it back in and even sealed it for £20.

Other options (including Westfield) will be £300+ they can do the glass but with crate and P&P its almost cheaper to buy an all new screen. My other idea was through insurance if your windscreen is covered for 'cracks' etc and then only £80-£100 excess.

My other idea was through insurance if your windscreen is covered for 'cracks' etc and then only £80-£100 excess.

Being a road policy I very much doubt they'd be willing to pay out for damage caused on a track day.

If it's only glass damage and not the frame as well then a local glass company should be able to cut a replacement piece of laminated glass to fit.

I've had mine replaced twice now, first time was £20, second time £40 as the price of glass has gone up somewhat.  Local glass supplier is 400yds from my house so easily and quickly done.