zetec sump

Kingster

Hi again. I bought the blue/yellow rolling chassis on here with the unused 1.8 zetec. You commented and gave some advise on parts needed as you were doing similar.

Was wondering, does the sump fit both 1.8 & 2.0 or do they differ?

Well, this will fit the 1.8 and 2.0 litre as far as I know but the blacktop needs a "windage" tray adding.

Although i dont think they sell the sump anymore scholar might still do the windage tray for 35 quid http://www.scholarengines.co.uk/Lowline%20sump.htm

Oh and pleased you got the car!

• Like 1

That sump will work with a blacktop with or without a windage tray.

you can use a windage tray from a silvertop it needs triming down slightly to fit inside the casing, plus you need to come up with a method of holding, I have some pictures somewhere how I did this

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kingster but im having to refrain from any purchases till the new year. Ive got to hold up my side of the bargain with the missus. ( I buy my westfield and she gets a new bathroom, which i have to build i may add). Hope alls going well with your build. Cant wait to get my teeth into my engine install.

Haha yes, I had an almost identical deal to strike - luckily my missus is being really lenient and allowing me to sort out the new en-suite next year.

Just as well, as the space where the en-suite is going is currently occupied by my bodywork!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.