Tr6

barry peel

TR6 wanted. Not concourse but not a basket case either

Thanks for the replies, was hoping to start nearer home but looks like I am going to have to start travelling

Like Westfields, you won't find what you want on your doorstep.

US imports, as well as being LHD, will be on twin Strombergs.  I recall these get replaced with SUs or Webers, as you can't get the parts.

UK spec cars have Lucas fuel injection, which was prone to give problems, so some have been converted to Bosch and I thinks its the later electronic type.  Apparently this is worth having.

The other thing to do is join the TR register.  Their website has some info, but I can't see cars for sale.  They have local meetings which may help, but they are a strange lot

Thanks Lawrie, have just joined the TR register forum. will join the club once sorted 

There is a local meet to me and funny you're not the first to warn me they are a funny lot :)

Will PM you shortly Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ex-US TR6 that I'm thinking of selling.  I'm quite a long way from you, but do get in touch if you're interested.

I do belong to the TR register.  I agree that some members are a bit odd, but some of us are quite normal, and even have Westfields too!

Geoff

Hi Geoff, thank you for the offer, I also have friends with TR's who are nearly normal

I am now also sorted with a TR6 thank you

Hi Barry,

Welcome to TR ownership.

I have owned my TR5 for 11 years and love every moment of driving it.  I am a member of the TR Register but don't do any of the local events/meets (not my type of people).

gallery_16753_291_5032.jpg

Enjoy your TR6 and post a picture when you get the chance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.