Dash Advice please

Glyn

thats a lovely knob… i wish mine was so weighty in my hand like yours Dave  :p

Thats the knob thats on my Christmas list   ;)   :t-up:

has to be quote of the year….. :d  fnarr fnarr

• Like 1

Just want to apologize to Glyn for hijacking his tread, it very childish of us to talk about knobs  :p

• Like 2

Indeed, was feeling guilty about that myself, all I can say is that wine had been consumed by that point of Sunday evening!  :oops:  :down: 

Glyn, I like the tech look of the Dash2. I also like and use the built in shift lights along the top. Plus its quite configurable (although I havent done this yet)

There is also an option to link another module to it for GPS / data logging etc which sounds cool but I also haven't gone that far either.

I've also got a new knob on order, from California.....!  Stainless Steel, over 500g correct gear pattern etched into the top and threaded for the s2000.  Will post pictures once it arrives and I've cut (yes cut) the original one off.....its a bit steep especially with the postage and import duty, but considering the length of time it spends in your hand it needs to feel right.

• Like 1

i like the dash 2 aswell this is the route i will be going down with my mazda sdv build. think it gives a sort of race car feel if you know what i mean

• Like 1

I like my analogues

SAM_1717_zpsdb8f03e6.jpg

Gary where or how did you get the rolled top on your dash ? That really completes the look ..............VERY smart indeed

It was from Aerodynamix if I remember rightly, and a royal PITA it was I seem to recall too!

• Like 1

It was from Aerodynamix if I remember rightly, and a royal PITAWAS I seem to recall too!

I feel a call to Aerodynamix coming....I like that a lot

I feel a call to Aerodynamix coming....I like that a lot

Yes it came from Aerodynamix - I am not sure you will be able to convince Julian to do another one though!

I sent him a Westfield crashpad with all the vinyl and adhesive stripped off, and then he carbonised it!

P4250001_zps84b73c1c.jpg

P4250003_zps0934ead5.jpg

P4250002_zps596b47ab.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be re-doing my dash over the winter, hoping for plenty of inspiration at the factory meet ;)

Speaking on behalf of us at Aerodynamix. The time spent making Gary's Carbon Crash Pad was higher than we were expecting, we also had to get the pad lacquered, which costs. 

If we can get enough people interested, we might be able to do a run.  You would need to provide the crash pad stripped back to the plastic though.

Ill speak to Julian in the mean time