Rubber Grommets - Bonnet Locating Lugs

CrisisWolf

I've noticed that my car doesn't have rubber grommets for the two bonnet locating lugs. The wholes are 20mm but any grommet I look at is designed for 1-1.6mm material thickness and the nose cone GRP is more like 5mm. I'm in the process of aligning the bonnet and cutting new holes so figure it would be best with this in place for a snug fit. I did find one company that sells them but minimum quantity of 100!

Any ideas on a source? 

The Westfield factory will or should have them.

Bob :d

On a similar note, when removing my rear wheel carrier I was left with 2 holes which I plugged with 2 ill fitting grommets, for the same reason.  Would be good to get a better grommet for them...

Which I'd hopefully get by Xmas?

I recently ordered a replacement pair from the factory, arrived in a couple of days.

About £5 including postage I think

The grommets are available from Westfield, open day next Saturday so you could pick them up, I keep a spare as they have fell out when putting the bonnet on

Regards

Rich

Westfield contacted me (Kyle) and they came next day. Case closed! Fitted a dream. Bonnet actually holds very well now!

• Like 1

Factory was only place I could get them and has already been said great next day service, not stupid money when you realise how thick they are.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.