Just bought my donor

Andrew O Byrne White - Ireland AO

mine took about a minute of hammering with the air impact gun at work, if you can bring them to willenhall I can do them for you

Cheers mate but I think I'm just going to let this decide whether I'm swapping the diff. I'll just dismantle the rest of the rear end and pull the driveshafts out of the diff. I won't need them if I'm putting a 1.8 diff in anyway.

Mine took a breaker bar with a 6 foot scaffold pole over it

I think I'll need to get a decent length steel pole for such occasions. I had a brilliant length of box section back home in Ireland but it didn't make it across the water when I moved over here.

It's amazing how useful an old scaffold pole is occasionally! I scrounged one off some scaffolders on site at a job years ago!

Looking forward to the open day tomorrow. Thinking I may try to order my starter kit then. In terms of extra items, is there anything I need to keep in mind? I'm thinking powder coating and detachable arches at the moment. I'd like to be able to take part in hill climbs, sprints etc. so I'm planning on fitting a roll bar. Is this something I need to specify at the starter kit stage or later on?

Kit ordered and deposit paid! I'm told there's no problem adding or removing any extras in the next few weeks anyway.