Bargain trackday, Silverstone GP circuit

SteveH

Circuit Days is running a trackday at Silverstone on Nov 6th.  Usual open pit lane setup and it's just £229, a great price and probably the cheapest chance you'd get to drive the GP circuit for a full day this year.

Except that I've sorted a bit of a deal so WSCC members can get the full day for only £160!! MexWave.gif

It's sods law that I'm going to be working on this one so you lot can get out to play while I look on jealously, any takers?

• Like 1

Are there any Westfields signed up to this one yet?  I'm very tempted.  Mine's been off the road since end of June and only got it back running this weekend - just in time for Monsoon season it seems!

Would love to experience a grown up circuit like Silverstone - only done airfields and Llandow before - it's not going to be a bit open and fast for a Westy is it??

I would go but I'm booked into Brands Hatch the Monday before, can't do both unfortunately.

If only I'd known about this much earlier!

Already booked day off work for a luxury weekend break away with SWMBO starting early Friday, and cannot take the Thursday off as well  :(

I am very tempted.

I have always wanted to try the Silverstone circuit and it might be worth taking a risk on the weather at that time of year for that price!

I don't have a trailer so would be driving to/from the circuit.

Does anyone have any comments about how well suited, or not, Westfields are to Silverstone i.e. a high speed circuit?

Are there any Westfields signed up to this one yet?  I'm very tempted.  Mine's been off the road since end of June and only got it back running this weekend - just in time for Monsoon season it seems!

Would love to experience a grown up circuit like Silverstone - only done airfields and Llandow before - it's not going to be a bit open and fast for a Westy is it??

I am tempted with this and have the same very modest westfield that i took on the Silverstone GP circuit with the bmw owners club a year or so back.

So in answer to your question, I must have been passed by every moving thing down the straights but it didn't bother me as we were miles apart and I was more concerned with where the hell I was on a 3.2mile track and how to slow effectively when I seemed be locking up in a straight line.

Got the hang of it in the end and thoroughly enjoyed over 30 laps of the track.

You both have PM.

In answer to the other question, I think it's OK for Westfields.  Obviously a lot depends on your power but you will typically only see about 10mph more than at Oulton, Cadwell etc which are regarded at more twisty.