Road legal track/sprint westy - sorted :)

D7PNY

Hi guys,

Sold my westy last year to try something more sensible with a roof etc and to be honest I've quite enjoyed it but missing the buzz I got driving the westy!

My use for the car will be sprints/hillclimbs/track days but I do also intend to use the car on the road from time to time.

My old westy was a track focused car with C20XE on webber 45's running around 195bhp. Car had aeroscreen etc and weighed 585kg so around 330bhp/tonne.

For my next westfield I am looking for something as quick (if not quicker) and again, will need all the right bits for the track.

I guess my ideal spec would be:

• Around 350+bhp/tonne with a nice revvy engine (not fixated on any specific engine though)
  • good ratios for track work (type 9 box in my old westfield was standard and always it would benefit from shorter ratios)
  • LSD a must
  • lowered drivers floor
  • Full cage or as bare minimum a proper roll bar! (I actually had to change to playskool bar to get my head below roll bar without lowered floor)
  • race style seats (ie. GRP etc)
  • Track orientated tyres on 13" wheels
  • good spec suspension/brakes etc (old westfield was rose jointed with ARB's etc)

Essentially I am after a race car that can be used on the road!

Screen would be nice so can go or runs on the road minus helmet but may just look to engineer something like T30MF did on his car so I can have the versatility.  Asking a lot so happy to discount a couple of elements of my spec with a view to being able to sort them over time.

Doesn't need to be showroom condition to look at as I'm more interested in the mechanicals

Budget around the 10k mark.

Cheers,

Dave

Although it doesn't hit every box, the Bog House would make a fantastic car for that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Ha Dave - Welcome back. Another one who can't keep away! Once smitten by a Westie they've got you for life. I'm on my third one... :)

I'm sure you'll get a cracking spec car for your budget.

Matt

• Like 1

I did see that 'Boghouse' one in the for sale section.  Similar to what I had before but with more power!  Just a few things I would look to change on it.  Not 100% on the colour but would certainly be giving him a shout when ready to commit to buying.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Feel free to give me a call if youre curious and want more details or more specific pics.

Regards Wayne

Morning, would my Westy be of any interest at all? I know it isn't road legal, but you would have the potential funds to make it road legal at the current price. Got it on auction for a week, starting @ £9k on eBay. I am open to offers.

Happy hunting! H

Thanks guys.

Not quite ready to commit to buying but will certainly be in touch when I am if cars still available.

Gordon1987 is yours sva'd?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi,

No its not SVA'd. Only ever been a racer - originally a Westfield Race Championship Car.

Thanks,

H

Thanks,

Really looking for something for the road to although yours does look very nice!

Cheers,

Dave

Edited my original post to revise my ideal spec slightly.

Must be some folk changing cars now that the racing season is finished :)

Cheers,

Dave

Depends if all 6ft 4 of me will fit in one ;) I am built for speed though so not exactly wide!

Send me some more details (will pm you my email)

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about this some more and wide track, quick rack and anti roll bars (well my old one only had a front one!) Would be on my wish list to!

Got some time off start November before I start new job so be handy getting something lined up for then owing to the fact that my location will likely mean a trek to collect!

Cheers,

Dave

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.