WESTFIELD CARBON EFFECT REAR LIGHT HOUSINGS

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello.

I am looking for a pair of the carbon effect rear light housings if anyone has any for sale.

Not sure if the thread title is a typo? If "real" = rear, then they're a (WF) factory supplied item. (But they're carbon effect, not real carbon)

Playskool and others do a slightly differently styled double light pod for the rear wings and an identical (?) round single light pod for the fog and for the reverse lights, just like Westfield's, these are a carbon effect plastic. (ABS if memory serves).

I'm not aware of anyone doing them in genuine carbon fibre.

Hi chaps.

It is me who has spelt it wrong. It should say REAR.

I will edit it tonight.

I spoke with WSC for a price for the carbon style housings and the bulbs and it was £170, but it is just over £180.00 on their website for the rear light housings including the reverse light and fog lights. The fog light and reversing light on the website is £26.00 each and I thought I would have had a saving of around 50 pounds from the price of the set and not just over a ten pounds.

It is the carbon effect rear pods that house the rear and turning signal lights I am after. I have looked at the cheaper ones but like the look of how the westfield ones tuck into the bodywork.

There is a supplier that make them in a figure 8 sort of shape or bolt on bits do normal square carbon effect ones. Both need trimming to angle right.

Playskool had some untrimmed ones

They can be trimmed to fit the curve of the rear tub like westfield do as they are much deeper

Evening all.

thanks for the great advice and I will look into the options proposed.

Hello.

Thankyou for the link.

I will watch with interest.

Just like to say also that this is one of the most helpful forums I belong to.

I've got a set of the plays-kool black plastic rear light housings (unfitted) and a set of used lights if you are interested buttercup . 

I'll be looking for £40.00 posted for the pair of rear light housings and two indicator lights and two stop tail lights . 

Hello Aerodynamix.

Thankyou for the kind offer but I think I am sorted now.

Thanks to the other chaps also who have provided some great information.

Hi.

Family are getting me some for Christmas so I am leaving it to them.

I have shown them the messages and they are sorting it.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.