RIP Tax Discs

Captain Colonial

Tax disc - Will you still show yours?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After midnight tonight, the age-old tax disc will be dead, no more will be issued and it will no longer be necessary to display one on your windscreen.

So as per the question, if your disc still has time left on it, will you continue to display or will you remove it?

As a footnote, I was always amused when politicians and officials got into a huff if someone called it road tax. "It's not road tax, it's vehicle excise duty or VED"...when the DVLA forms clearly refer to it as a "tax disc". :d

I've been driving with my Westfields tax disc in my wallet since I changed to Aeroscreen... so my wallet will be lighter tomorrow... uhm...

i voted to take off, but then im a bit lazy so it will probably wait untill its run out before i get round to doing it....

can you get in trouble for displaying an out of date disc when you've paid up online??? thats also a possibility as im sure ill never get round to doing it!

I'll leave them on the tin tops until they run out - can't wait to test out the new Direct Debit scheme which in theory will allow you to tax your car for a month, then Sorn it, then tax it for a month, then Sorn it, then................................................get a nasty letter from the DVLA for taking the pith and breaking their kompoota.

Seriously - as my Westie is now ready to go back on the road, I plan for a geo and rolling road setup at NMS towards the end of October then possibly tax it for November just for a few pre winter blats (I'm just about to have a long awaited back operation otherwise I'd do it now). Then we'll see how the weather goes - sometimes you can get a good few dry months in February / March / April and then poor weather in May and June - so being able to tax by the month may work out to be a good idea. 

Never displayed a tax disc on any motorbike for the last 20+ years after one flew off at er... a lot more than 70mph on a ahem private road in Germany.....

I've taken the one off the tintop already as I'm not going out again tonight ;)

I'm keeping the disk holder in place.

It gives me somewhere to put car park tickets. At the mo they just go under the wiper.

Bmw tax runs out tonight but I'm leaving the old out of date one in

Stuff them

I'm not sure it's taxed from tomorrow even

It didn't give me a direct debit option 2 weeks ago when I paid up just the normal 6 or 12 option pay in full or else

Direct debit starts from 1st November apparently. Tax runs out on both our tin tops tonight but going to leave the disc in for nostalgia lol

Mine ran out today anyway, so it's taken off and won't be going back.  

I noticed Halfrauds in 'Nam (Chip'nam) were still selling tax disc holders for £7.50 today.  I wonder how many they sold?  ???

Someone should design a fake wscc tax disc that we can all display instead

I plan to leave the last tax disc displayed on all my cars apart from the model T where it always looked a bit out of place

Well I've been trying to tax two cars tonight. Tried the new system and no luck, so tried the old system and same thing!!!! So it looks like I'll have no disc and no tax.

• Like 1

Taking off main car as out of date and renewed 1st Oct.

Westie one will probably stay on until next time the RAC bar is removed.