Mental woman next door.....

Lyonspride

I've had all sorts of stuff thrown over from next door, from nappies (happened once), to footballs, toy cars, plastic guns and a rather broken looking spiderman toy. I just take it all in my stride, this is what kids are like, I don't see it as a big deal and I just throw the stuff back over and forget it.

This morning, on my way out to do a bit of DIY shopping with the missus, the neighbour (quite rough, mom, daughter and her 2 kids, unemployed types) shouts over the fence and start accusing me of popping her kids ball. She would not listen to reason, just kept on screeching as loud as possible, said "I knew you'd deny it", she certainly gets points for the most stupid statement this year..........

Like i'm a) someone who pops kids footballs b) going to admit something I didn't do c) stupid enough to pop a ball and then throw it back over the fence.....

So anway, I get in my car (the barge) and about 10yds down the road I wind the window down because I can hear something "ticking" (im really good at spotting when something isn't right), I stop the car and find a large screw half way into my rear tyre.

Fortunately I need a full new set anyway and i've got a set of old tyres on steels, so I just swapped the wheel out until I get the new set.

I've not had a puncture, a nail, a screw or anything in my car tyres for over 15yrs, but today I just happen to get one???

I think you know what i'm getting at here, a case of an eye for an eye or a £90 tyre for a 90p football.

My GF wants me to ring the Police to get something on record, but i'm concerned about this affecting the value of my house. But on the other hand, if they'd escalate to damaging my car over a stupid football, then what might they do next?

What's the best course of action here?

Depends on how much you dislike the family next door.....

You don't want to get into a tit for tat situation

Ignore them, if they don't get a reaction for a few weeks, they'll move on to someone else... Which is when you plan your revenge!

• Like 1

you could always arrange to have 12 tonnes of wood chip delivered for them by the front door…. (not that ive ever done that) :-) 

Ahh.. the flaming bag of dog poo through the letter-box.

The old classics never stop being funny.

Sometimes mental is right. She may well have a mental illness and needs help which she will only get if someone reports her. There are too many that are care in the community types who hang on by a thread. She could of course just be a problem neighbour.

Downside it could escalate however think of the consequences of the tyre blowing out at speed? A chat with the police might be a way forward.

If you're in a semi-detached, I wouldn't recommend fire-bombing.  Just ignore them, and speak to your local community support officer, with a list of all the unemployed scum's antisocial behaviour including the child abuse, prostitution and the drug dealing.

Put broken glass in some dogdirt and wipe it on the back of the door handle.

She will get cuts from the glass and then infections from the dog dirt.

I'd ignore it for now if nothing else happens.  Being at loggerheads with that type of neighbour can turn into a hugely stressful thing that you can do little about.

Fingers crossed it comes to nothing (else)

Jim.

Having had a problem neighbour in the past, there's little that cam make your life more hell.

Oh, and the neighbour on the other side tried a lot of the get your own back solutions, all that happened is that they ended up in trouble with the cops every time.

If this was Pistonheads somebody by now would have suggested hammering frozen sausages into her lawn :oops:

I'd go with Nemesis' suggestion though.

Spend 90p on a football, give it to the kid, that should completely flummox the daft cow

Best advice and give the screw back also , but not in the football!

Ignore her full stop.  Throw away anything that lands of your side immediately.  If she asks where the football is, reply "what football?" and deny all knowledge.

Failing that, I have many ways to get revenge that a club chairman cannot say on a public forum.

• Like 1