We are not alone - Mercedes F1 Singapore

tisme

Rosberg was forced to retire in Singapore because of a failed wiring loom in his steering column, which affected the car's systems.

See, not just Westfields - cracking race for Lewis (I managed to avoid hearing the result and watched the highlights as I don't have Sky) - all the time I was just expecting his fortunes to change and have a puncture, engine failure, brake failure, wiring failure......

Restored my faith in an unbiased team  ;)

It has sure opened up the potential for either of them to win the Championship, which is great. Let's hope no more car failures and some good clean racing. may the best man win :d :D

... watched the highlights as I don't have Sky ...

Available through the usual internet outlets, live in glorious HD. Those Sky commentators are terrible, I watched the highlights as well to catch up the bits the Sky commentators missed telling us about. 

Great leveller on the reliability front, it's going to be hell of a fight until the end of the season now. 

Available through the usual internet outlets, live in glorious HD. Those Sky commentators are terrible, I watched the highlights as well to catch up the bits the Sky commentators missed telling us about. 

Great leveller on the reliability front, it's going to be hell of a fight until the end of the season now.

Especially with the double points (awful idea) in the last race! Should definitely be a last race decider for the drivers championship

Agree it's an awful idea, but this one could give us one hell of a final race with all to play for. It's going to take something to top the last race of the year, Brazil, 2008 with the perfect combination of luck and weather on the last corner of the race.

I love watching the drivers' body languages after the race. Last time at Monza, Hamilton and Rosberg couldn't even look at each other, Rosberg conversing with Massa and his engineer in the post race room knowing Hamilton couldn't understand what was being said. Merc drivers running to opposite sides of the podium to spray the champagne. All this despite supposedly kissing and making up (my big fat hairy bumcrack do I believe that official line). This week the podium atmosphere couldn't have been any different, Hamilton, Vettel and Ricciardo all chinking bottles, spraying each other in the face and congratulating each other, they looked like 3 drivers from the same team. 

It was a shame not to see a proper race between them both. Call me a cynical but how does a loom fail overnight in parc ferme and Nico was very visible supporting the team.

It was hardly a "race" with the ONLY person/car able to match or better Hamilton was " handcuffed" before the lights went out not really difficult !!! ..........and as for Tito Wolfs attempt to console Nico ..........mmmmm........... Monza was a fix IMHO 

I had a loom related issue last week - fixed it (somehow) on Saturday. Who'd have thought I'd have these types of problems...

loom.jpg

I must admit Singapore was a complete surprise, Maldonado made it all the way to the end without crashing. I bet he was tired after such a long drive

• Like 1

"May the best man win "

I don't think the f1 Bernie boys aim for that ?

Double points in last race point to

" may the bloke with most points win"

And. " sod the result, maximise revenue "

• Like 1

Can't believe that Mercedes would cobble Nico's car before the start of the race - there was no guarantee Hamilton would have made it to the end and then zero points for the team - Lewis has had a fair number of technical issues (some also could be viewed as "suspect") so Rosberg having a problem was a case of "about time" - I think the only thing that's been setup was Nico's chicane diversion(s) at Monza, and that was purely his penalty for Spa (IMHO).

To be seen what effect the double points has - depends how close the top half dozen drivers are - could see some kamikaze driving if there are too many within reach ???  

Certainly better than the Schumacher and Vettel days when I just couldn't be bothered to watch :down:

Better if they all had a double points joker to play for one race only and nominated after practice ?

Better if they all had a double points joker to play for one race only and nominated after practice ?

An infinitely better idea than a standing double points race. Given Mercedes appears to have both the fastest and most unreliable car the odds of one driver finishing 20 points ahead (I.e. Fundamentally changing the result of the season) seem quite high.