Mega S2000

Glyn

Hi. I'm embarking on building an S2000. It's my 1st build. I have no experience of these, but 'reasonably' switched on and have a couple of clever mechanic mates. I'm off to the factory on the 18th Oct to see the colours, seat upgrades etc in the flesh. As regards upgrades I'm going for LSD, windscreen, wide track suspension, brake calliper upgrade, trim and seat upgrade, digi dash. Does anybody recommend anything else, or are any of these a waste of money? What discount can I expect when haggling please? Thank you in advance.

Welcome Glyn, great car choice and a good set of upgrades.

As for other suggestions, depends how you plan to use the car really. Bear in mind that will probably change over time too!

What body-style have you gone for, the newer FW rear, with the integrated lights and lidded boot box, or the more traditional looking ZK?

Hi,

I'm not to sure yet on the body style. Part of me prefers the traditional rear, but I think the light clusters are a bit crude. Where as the integrated lights look better. Is there a preference with buyers should I ever need to sell?

I got the build manual and it daunted me rather than reassured me!!!

Mod hat on ;)

- By the way I've moved your posting to "The Start Line" area of the Boardroom; you'll probably get more answers here! (I've left a link in the events section though).

I like both flavours of bodywork; I sort of prefer the newer style, but for me the boot box isn't quite big enough and I prefer the hood on the standard (old) ZK bodywork. (I use the car all year round, so use a mix of half hoods and full hoods depending on weather.)

The manual can be daunting at first read, but once you break it down into  individual jobs it's really not so bad!

Here's a list of the Mega S2000 build threads on the Boardroom:

Mega S2000

Smile you're in Sharjah - Andy & Mandy's S2000 Build
Started by Andy Bray
http://forum.wscc.co...ys-s2000-build/

Stu's s2000 build diary
Started by finkangel
http://forum.wscc.co...00-build-diary/

Build Thread. Mega S2000
Started by Dave Eastwood (gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep
http://forum.wscc.co...ead-mega-s2000/

Finally Started My S2000 Build
Started by lloydox
http://forum.wscc.co...my-s2000-build/

And here's a link to the page with details/links of all the main build threads on here.

• Like 1

Hi Glyn,

Nice choice of spec you've gone for there.

Never fear about the build manual, Most find it's not that clear but theres plenty of people to ask on here.

Use plenty of photos on your build diary, that way if you have done anything wrong then someone will be quick to put it right for you.

Above all... enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi Glyn,

Nice choice of spec you've gone for there.

Never fear about the build manual, Most find it's not that clear but theres plenty of people to ask on here.

Use plenty of photos on your build diary, that way if you have done anything wrong then someone will be quick to put it right for you.

Above all... enjoy.

What Stu said!

Don't turn the build into a job. Remember it should be fun, sure, there'll be frustrating and stressful moments, but they will just make the first drive out, all the sweeter.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. It didn't cross my mind to photos on here for people to check as I go, great idea. Thank you.

Does anyone know the margins for discount when I order please?

I ordered my kit at the 10% show discount rate, just after one of the shows last Autumn.

I think they were offering a deal on new kits at the Donnington kit car show the other week.

Its always worth asking what offers they have.

Hi Glyn, I'm on holiday at the moment so missed your post. WSC normally do a 15% offer around November time. I was on their mail list for a couple of years and this was the only discount I saw. about 8 weeks ago, I decided to look for and buy a decent spec Westie (I hankered after a CSR but they're simply too expensive). anyway I noticed the factory had their Mega S2000 up for sale. it had a great spec and not too many miles, I rang them, mentioned my budget (about 15% less than the asking price). went to look at it the same afternoon, had a test ride with Russ, and offered to put deposit down there and then. Although I paid them to install a screen and wipers I think they gave me a really fair price. So I'd aim to haggle around the 15% mark. The worst that can happen is that they say no but I think they are a reasonable lot...

• Like 1