Could 'we' build a Westie from our spares..?

John K

Woudlnt it be easier to tie in with mission motorsport who are already doing this type of stuff?

• Like 1

Front wide track and a set of avo springs and dampers. Numerous wheels and Tyres.

Need someone good at organizing, one of the committee for instance.

The thing with being on the committee is you instantly get "volunteer" stamped on your forehead, so you'll probably find we're all, already up to the hilt in projects/causes/events. (I know I've had months at a time over the busy summer period when I couldn't even touch my own car build  :down: )

As a project, it's not without a raft of practical, logistical, and possibly paperwork issues, but most things can be overcome with enough determination. Just needs someone with a lot of drive and determination to take ownership of it.

The thing with being on the committee is you instantly get "volunteer" stamped on your forehead, so you'll probably find we're all, already up to the hilt in projects/causes/events. (I know I've had months at a time over the busy summer period when I couldn't even touch my own car build  :down: )

As a project, it's not without a raft of practical, logistical, and possibly paperwork issues, but most things can be overcome with enough determination. Just needs someone with a lot of drive and determination to take ownership of it.

Unfortunately I'd have to agree, like you I already have two projects in the garage and neither the time or the space for another, this morning was the first time in 7weeks I've actully driven my Westfield.

I'd happily support anyone that chooses to take this idea forward and that offers their time and resource to make it happen, but that person would need to volunteer themselves rather than be volunteered.

• Like 1

I'd happily support anyone that chooses to take this idea forward and that offers their time and resource to make it happen,

Me too. :yes:

Ditto  :t-up: 

I could have a go at the paper work and admin side of it (its sort of my current job description), but I have neither the skills or the space to do the car...

So if - and it's a big if - there is somebody reasonably local to me (WR12 postcode) who could do the spannering, I would be the paper monkey...

I know that in theory with modern day witch craft and all, folk will say the admin and the spanners could be at the opposite end of the country, but I work remotely with folk now and it is an utter agg...

Stuff that has so far taken 2 weeks to sort out with emails and conf calls with no real progress gets done in 30 mins when you get together...

I guess the most logical thing to do is find out if it is even sensible to start this kind of project.

With enough "go for it" (drunken or otherwise) declared, I can start the first investigations.

And if this flies and when in 12 months I'm having my 8th nervous breakdown, please don't remind me I volunteered...

I would thing the first port of call would be the military/HfH itself, someone mentioned one of the organisations earlier? Might be worth speaking to the MSA too?

Hello Men.

Just a thought.

if all these bits are all over the country, how would you get everything in one place and who would pay for it.

Only asking as I have these issues in my job.

Hello Men.

Just a thought.

if all these bits are all over the country, how would you get everything in one place and who would pay for it.

Only asking as I have these issues in my job.

I'd suggest "The monthly meet relay team..."

It would take quite some time to collect together, but I reckon we could collect stuff in each area then get it from area to area until it reached HQ

Some stuff would need a dedicated "man with van" to haul about, like the chassis, as I don't have many spares to contribute, I'd cover that costs side. But not sure if I could do the actual driving of a large van, I have some restrictions on my licence.

Plenty of members with trailers.

I would thing the first port of call would be the military/HfH itself, someone mentioned one of the organisations earlier? Might be worth speaking to the MSA too?

Deffo, Russ mentioned the Mission Motorsport organisation. I'd definitely speak with them. They already have a Catershed on some of their publicity shots.

I really like this idea and there's an awfully long way to go here gents, but once it is a real and valid project I'm not ruling out the possibility of the club making a reasonable contribution towards the cost of some things like transporting bits, etc - keep me informed.

Liking it... i was thinking of a stoneleigh project...

• Like 3