Could 'we' build a Westie from our spares..?

John K

Chassis

Ally uprights all round

Harnesses

Bonnet

Willwood front brakes kit

Xe engine mounts

Brake n clutch m/c's

I am genuinely suprised that folk have spare chassis. How does that happen..?

We still need a nice oily XFlow engine.

Unless.

We all know XFlows do not die, so there will be no spares, perhaps we should expect a Mazda or VX engine instead. There will be loads of those lying about, but all will need fixing...

Sorry..!

Several fully dressed Mazda engines in my garage :d

In fact, there does seem to be a trend of us Mazda owners gathering spare engines

I've got a rear calliper bolt and a battery strap for a Mazda MX5...Found them on previous track days...... :d

• Like 2

Pete g  has a spare V8 engine  (we could build something quite special with it)  and a set of red body panels,   I have some cycle wings & stays, M16 brake calipers, inner cockpit side panels, steering wheel, 4pt seat belts, sports seats with yellow piping.

I like Jame's idea of building a car for an ex-serviceman as well :yes:. One of Essex brethren is actively involved in helping ex-serviceman into motorsport but haven't seen him for months and can't remember his name.

• Like 2

On a similar theme, A bike club I am in built a complete bike from donated spare parts of the members. A well respected and popular member had major heart surgery and rehab at Papworth hospital so we decided we would raffle off the bike selling tickets and displaying the bike at various events over the year and donated the proceeds to the hospital. Sadly the chap is no longer with us but bike was a lasting tribute.

• Like 2

I like Jame's idea of building a car for an ex-serviceman as well :yes:. One of Essex brethren is actively involved in helping ex-serviceman into motorsport but haven't seen him for months and can't remember his name.

I missed what Jame's said first time round, but I would throw my hat into the ring for that... And if I didn't have any useful bits, I'd put in some cash.

Especially if we could link it to veterans with disabilities then I'm in... Can you imagine a car competing in the Help for Heros colour scheme..?

Seriously, could we take this somewhere?

Just found a pair of rear Spax shocks in perfect working order, set of wheels and tyres, windscreen fillet, washer bottle and pump,oil catch tank.....blimey might have a garage sale!

Oh and a pair of Westfield indicators....plus more than enough fixings for 3 or 4 builds.

I missed what Jame's said first time round, but I would throw my hat into the ring for that... And if I didn't have any useful bits, I'd put in some cash.

Especially if we could link it to veterans with disabilities then I'm in... Can you imagine a car competing in the Help for Heros colour scheme..?

Seriously, could we take this somewhere?

Need someone good at organizing, one of the committee for instance.

Need someone good at organizing, one of the committee for instance.

I 'Reported' my own post to get the attention of the great and the powerful Oz's who live behind the curtain...

Also there might be some liability issues. If we make them a car are we liable for anything going wrong?

But I am still keen on the idea. My Dad is a WW2 vet so it would be cool. As a side note he was only nearly killed three times. Each time was when the Americans accidentally bombed him :d  Sorry Mr Chairman...

But I am still keen on the idea. My Dad is a WW2 vet so it would be cool. As a side note he was only nearly killed three times. Each time was when the Americans accidentally bombed him :d  Sorry Mr Chairman...

No problem - the pilots were probably rednecks.  :laugh: 

Its an interesting idea indeed, but one indeed filled with problems.  However, problems are made to be overcome if the collective will and effort of the membership are there.  Keep it flowing and let us give it some thought.  :t-up: