NOW SOLD Road legal Hill Climb/Sprint and Track Day Narrow body Westfield SEi.

DJ Racing

Road legal yellow and blue competition car with a specially strengthened chassis which was constructed to allow the engine to sit further back than normally found in a standard Narrow car. This of course gives the car a much better weight distribution. My SEi has won many class awards and championship wins in the hands of last owner who was runner up with this car in 2011 NSSC H/C and Sprint championship and overall winner in 2012. This year (2014) the car has been run in the Chester and Liverpool Motor Club speed series as a non road  reg car (Class 3F) with slicks and aero screen and has finished 5th overall in the series and 6th in the top ten challenge. These end of season places resulted in qualifying in 1st place in Div. 2 and the winning of The Almond and Parkinson Memorial trophy.

My daughters partner who has driven the car does not want to compete next year due to work commitments and therefore with much regret I offer the car for sale with V5C, MSA logbook and MOT.

Engine, which has never seen road use, is a 1.7 Ford Kent X flow custom built by Mike Tarr of Ratt Racing. All paperwork is present to confirm the 40 hours long high quality build and the parts used to create a unit designed for maximum low speed torque and super reliability.On the rolling road 157 BHP/6000 RPM was recorded at the wheels due to some careful tuning work in March this year.Briefly the spec includes roller rockers, 83.5 Accralite pistons, steel 4.9 Farndon con rods, steel crank, ARP bolt flywheel,steel U pulley,special camshaft and AP racing clutch assembly and alloy dry sump. Fuel is via Red top and Sytec regulator to twin 45 Dellorto carbs with ITG air filter. Gear box is type 9 5 speed with Quaife s/c c/r gears, quick shift and gear knob. Alloy bellhousing. Diff is Westfield alloy case 4.1 ratio LSD. Spare 3.89 and 4.7 ratios available.  AH Fabrication 2 gal foam filled Al fuel tank.Steering rack is 2.4 ratio secured with Al brackets set to zero bump steer.The suspension, which was set up by Dennis Leach who ran TVRs and Morgans at Le Mans and had a successful Touring Car career, incorporates adj Gaz shock absorbers all round with 250 lbs springs front and 170lbs to the  rear. Racedelta wishbones and grooved/drilled brake discs with alloy hubs are fitted. Goodridge hoses throughout. Adjustable brake bias valve. Engine ignition management is Omex 200 and a DRE sequential shift warning light indicator is fitted.Battery is an Odessey light weight fitted in the passenger footwell with plug in facility for back up external battery if required. Wheels are 13 inch Minilite with Yoko AO 48 tyres .4 part used Avon soft slicks are separately available as are 4 Wets cut/grooved by BMTR and used for approx 3 minutes!! Both 7.0/21-13 A15.  Exhaust is 4 into 1 with silencer that complies with noise regs.An aero screen can also be supplied. Car comes with a  zipped tonneau cover as can be seen in the photos of the car.There are many other features that I have probably forgotten including the carbon fibre w/screen surround and MSA compliant roll over bar with removable strut to passenger footwell---these will be evident in the photos.

This car would make a new owner instantly competitive. No restraints were in place this season in order to maintain the history of the cars reliability and pace. Fresh oil and filter and a complete check over have just been completed by the driver of the car who is an automotive engineer and it is in this ready to race condition that offers based on £--- are invited. I am prepared to store the car over winter if required.

In summary--a well sorted and set up car that is eager to oblige with seamless reliability and pace.

Thanks for the endorsement James. Joining the "mighty"group of cars in this great club is a great honour. Should be asking £8000+  I know my asking price is cheap but happy to try and place car with a true enthusiast who will compete and use as build spec intended. Waiting for a Class 2A pilot to come forward.

• Like 1

That engine spec is the same as mine apart from the dry sump… the mighty cross flow, if set up, and driven like a mentalist will be up there at the top of 2A next year.  I would have said £8k easily for such a car. ~Someone is getting a bargain IMO 

Cheers for that advice. I did pay considerably more than £8000 for her last year but happy if she goes to a good home at £7000.

DJ,

I'd be happy to see some [ics of your set up mate.  I think this is a great 1st competition westfield for anyone to do the speed series (or other local sprint/hillclimbs in) I'm sure you will find the right buyer in time and it will get some good usage.

Good luck with the sale. 

• 1 month later...

Just looked at the photos and its a really nice looking car as well.  Good luck with the sale.  

• 2 weeks later...

Please see revised price. Can be gift wrapped for Christmas!!!

Another well sorted sprint car by the looks of it, good luck with the sale  :t-up:

Thanks Marto303. I have sent you a PM

Alexander72 --you have a PM

Glad to see it's sold and hope to see it in the paddock next year :-)

See what's expected of you Matt!!!

We need more cross flows in the speed series.... to beat the zetecs, VX's, K-Series :-)   :d   (it dont happen often)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.