God's own County next to seek independence?

Terry Everall

Bloomin heck.

I am from Bridlington but moved out as it got so bad. I am now only 3 miles from Filey.

Who would be president?

It must be a professional Yorkshire man, Freddie Truman's out of the equation so that only leaves Dickie Bird, Geoffrey Boycott or Michael Parkinson.

And I don't even like cricket.

buttercup, you've got it lucky mate, when i were a lad…….  :d..and if you tell that to the young people today, they won't believe you..."

If the rumours are true don't scots and Yorkshire men have at least one thing in common?

They can have Doncaster for me. They will have to wall the city off though. Also what will the import duty on Buckfast be as we could make a small fortune there

If the rumours are true don't scots and Yorkshire men have at least one thing in common?

Yes I have heard it said that a Yorkshireman is like a Scotsman with the streak of generosity removed (and I am allowed to say that as I'm from Sheffield). 

Yes I have heard it said that a Yorkshireman is like a Scotsman with the streak of generosity removed (and I am allowed to say that as I'm from Sheffield). 

I thought it was that they speak funny so people from down south can't understand them

Deep pockets and short arms !

If the turnout for the vote is anything like the turnout for the Skipton meetings, you may as well call it Lancashire :p

If the turnout for the vote is anything like the turnout for the Skipton meetings, you may as well call it Lancashire :p

Paul you can have Skipton it's the back of beyond

Who would be president?

It must be a professional Yorkshire man, Freddie Truman's out of the equation so that only leaves Dickie Bird, Geoffrey Boycott or Michael Parkinson.

And I don't even like cricket.

Just realized, they're all from Barnsley in South Yorkshire, that really IS a different country.