Random one here - looking for my Dad's old mk1 RS2000...

B.RAD

Hi folks

Appreciate this is a long shot, but...

My old man has just posted this on the RS Owners club forum, and thought I would add a shout on here for him too.  His post is below:

"On 6th November 1974 I drove out of Norman Reeves showrooms in Uxbridge in a brand new Mk1 RS 2000 in stardust with blue decals, a stereo cassette radio and underseal as extras. I was so happy. Anyone know where it might be now - reg. GLT 293 N.
I still have the sales invoice and service book if anyone who owns it wanted copies.
Hope someone can help
Thanks"

A bit more background story - he lost his licence in this car in 1977, when he thought it would be a good idea to race an unmarked Police car!  Hence he sold it on to a chap who, it turned out, had just written off a Lotus Esprit.

Any information to trace it is very much appreciated, not necessarily looking to buy it as I am sure it is well loved by someone, I think he would just like to see it again.

Thanks in advance

Barny

The MK2 RS I had is still alive and kicking down in Cornwall I believe after 25 yrs plus since I sold it ..............good luck hope you find out. Have you tried a DVLA search to see if it is taxed ?

It's got Tax and a valid MOT, so still in use on the road...  There is a way to contact the DVLA and ask for the registered keeper details if you have a legit reason and pay a small admin fee...  maybe worth a try?

Ha ha! She's a beauty! Thanks Mart :p

Actually found this picture online, not sure when it's from but we do know it is currently taxed and mot'd so it must be alive somewhere.  It was originally silver so someone has cared enough to respray it, just wondering if anyone has a lead that can help him find it.

GLT293N_1369401674.jpg

Lucky it hasn't been stacked, as so many were in the 70's.     Factory silver ones must have been very rare as I don't ever recall seeing one.

That picture doesn't look too old there is a Z4 BMW in the back ground which looks like a relatively newish style  

He's done the right thing by going to the RS owners club , I found out that way too after looking at the site one day and my old car was on the front of the site as it came up.........must admit I got a lump in the throat seeing it still around should never have sold it but hind sight is a wonderful thing..............would love to get it back but would need to fork out about 35 K IF the current owner would sell of course. 

• Like 1

That looks suspiciously like a Pistonheads Sunday service to me. Lots of different cars there and it is parked next to a Ferrari Daytona. Try going onto the Pistonheads forum and starting a blog, might dig something up?

• Like 1

That looks suspiciously like a Pistonheads Sunday service to me. Lots of different cars there and it is parked next to a Ferrari Daytona. Try going onto the Pistonheads forum and starting a blog, might dig something up?

If that's the case, maybe you have a link to the original picture? I've been to many a PH SS, so may even be able to find a picture in my archive...

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. You're right about the picture, I assumed from its grainy nature that it was old, but that Z4 was a good spot!

Unfortunately the site the photo came from is just this plate wave site:

http://platewave.com/GLT293N

So I have no info about it at all.

I think I may have found a sales ad for the car from 7 years ago (!!!) so I am following that lead for the moment, I'll keep you posted!

Make up a plate with the reg number on it, stick it on your car and drive past an ANPR Traffic Car, you'll soon get to talk to folk in the know..!

Good luck in finding it, it looked tidy in orange, hope it works out...

Lucky it hasn't been stacked, as so many were in the 70's.     Factory silver ones must have been very rare as I don't ever recall seeing one.

They have a horrible tendency toward spontaneous combustion too. Many have ended life as burnt out shells.