Warning Light Module T Shaped

Tim Reid

I hunted for a while with no joy. :down:

Not sure why the T shaped car one was discontinued.

They've been out if stock for months Steve. The manufacturer has "temporarily" suspended manufacture of the car engine T bar version. Though it appears the bike engined T bar version is still available, as are both versions of the straight line version.

I asked the suppliers at the Dony show who normally sold it and they couldn't tell me why. They reckoned it had been ages since they'd had any.

I had one (T car type) but the Brake Fail / Handbrake warning light stopped working correctly. It should have displayed red when ignition first switched on as a brake system "test" and then gone off, but this "delay" stopped working and light stayed on all the time - guess they've had problems with the diode / resistor / widget that was doing this.

I did try to contact the company but never got a response  :(

So, built my own using Maplin LED's and cost me about £5 (brake "test" light system is just pull the handbrake on ;) )

I think what you are describing is a thing called 'Bright 6'. These people made it www.lightninglooms.co.uk  Try contacting them to ask. Googling 'Bright 6' reveals quite a few stockists of the horizontal display

• 2 weeks later...

no reply from lightninglooms.

Europa Spare told me that they are out of production because somone in the supply chain will only produce 1,000's which is not viable for an item that sells in low volumns.

Car Builder Solutions told me they are discontinued.

No appears to have any old stock so it looks like I will need to find another solution to meet my needs.

That's pretty much what I was told (apart from the supply chain bit) when I enquired at the Donington show, Tim.

Along with a rolled eyes and a "we've long since sold out" comment!

I've ended up going for the black finished warning lights from ETB, instead. They're back to being individual lights, which I'd hoped to avoid, but reasonably discrete. (The all black versions don't show any colour/symbols until actually lit)

Thanks Dave.

I think I will end up with the same solution.

Has anybody tried the manuafcturer for details on ETA?

Lightning Looms Ltd

Unit 10 White House Farm

Princethorpe

Rugby

Warwickshire

CV23 9QD

Yes, no joy I'm afraid.

I made my own equivalent with 12v LED's from Maplins

I needed to add a resistor for the Alternator light in order to "activate" the charging and make the light go out, but all in all, it cost me about £8

Ok, so they don't have any "markings" but the colours are fairly obvious when they're on - I know that the top red is alternator and the bottom is handbrake / fluid level. I just drilled 10mm holes into the plastic carbon and then wired them all up (a bit fiddly but you can use quite small size wire)

In my mind it works perfectly and quite a saving over the Bright 6 (and see my earlier post with my problem with the T version)  

(The large light above the warning lights is my DTA shift light - an even bigger 10mm LED that I had to replace but found them on eBay for £1.20 :) )

DSCF2286s.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.