Heads up - FIA formula e starts now on ITV4 HD (with spoilers! LOL)

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Just watched this on catch up racing was not that bad seen worse in f1 of old.

And as for the crash at the end it would be a race ban for me. agree with the above comment it really makes maldanado look like a good boy.

Sooty, surely you aren't talking about the Prost-Heidfeld accident?! Mr Prost's driving was abysmal there.

I thought the actual racing was alright. Most motorsports would be dull on that circuit though. The fact the cars sounded like radio controlled cars didn't bother me in the slightest, although it added to the perception they weren't fast.

Sorry should be a different thread.    I was just talking about  all racing of late.  The worst cases being in BTCC .

It did seem a bit strange having a car change during a race.   The electric motor noise just doesn't sound right for a racecar. Oh well, it is the future.

What I don't understand is, for FE, F1 and all racing classes, when a car performs an overtaking manoeuvre these days, it seems ok to dive into a space that is not wide enough for a car then claim the car in front cut you up taking the racing line into a corner.  In the past, if you wanted overtake, the car that had it's front wheels in front off a persuing driver had the right to take the line he wished.  What happened to that rule?

I'm with you there, far too many rules and moaning about cutting people up, people report any minor infraction to the stewards.

New 2015 rulebook according to me: Race directors get 3 laps to apportion blame and apply a punishment, if the race is in the last 3 laps, only then can you investigate after the race. If it's not clear cut enough to make a call within 3 laps its a fir racing incident and drivers carry on racing. 

Aye, to sort out all the speculative "complaints", all reports to the stewards/race director from teams to be made on a "jeopardy" basis; if you report another team for an infringement, and the team is found in the clear, you get the punishment they would have received! Soon make teams think twice before complaining.

• Like 1

Good call, that would liven things up. 

I don't think teams should have a direct line to stewards in the first place, it should be more like rugby where only your team captain can talk to the ref and you only speak when spoken to.

that move did look a bit deliberate tho.... poor driving or rusty driver?

i kind of liked the noise a bit futuristic ... i did want to watch the race but the pre season show bored the living crud out of me and i was busy. from the few laps i sa its got basis to become something better

• 3 months later...

Round 4 on now