Heads up - FIA formula e starts now on ITV4 HD (with spoilers! LOL)

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

www.fiaformulae.com

• Like 1

how lucky was Heidfeld  :o

Argh... Will you guys at least put a "spoiler alert" on the post LOL...

Sat in the car park at the shops waiting to watch when I get home...

• Like 1

That was some poor driving by Prost. The cheek to blame Heidfeld for it too! He may wish to reconsider when he sees the video replay showing Heidfeld tracking straight on the yellow lines. Even Maldonado would have been embarrassed by that.

Did I really hear the commentator say "The pinky purple helmet of Frank Montani coming from behind"..?

To quote from later in the race...

"You don't want Frank behind you"

"He will be making a move, trust me"

"It's quite a distinctive helmet isn't it?"

"You don't want to look in your mirror and see that bright pink helmet coming at you"

Really... Did these two learn at the feet of Frankie Howard..?

Oooh, titter ye not..!

Ok, not the finish I expected..!

Bit of a boring start, but towards the end it was a fine race... This formula might have some legs...

Thank god for that massive crash. Would have been dull as dishwater if it wasn't for that.

A bunch of has-beens racing cars that look and sound like childrens' toys. Batteries only last a few laps and they have to jump in another car to finish the race, minimum pit times meant drivers could sit and have a cuppa with the time allowance. Maybe they should be forced to chug down a bottle of podium champagne each during the pit stop to liven things up a bit. 

Well, I suppose they have to start somewhere with electric cars but it strikes me they are a few years early to make a race series and a serious public spectacle of it yet.

It did seem a bit strange having a car change during a race.   The electric motor noise just doesn't sound right for a racecar. Oh well, it is the future.

What I don't understand is, for FE, F1 and all racing classes, when a car performs an overtaking manoeuvre these days, it seems ok to dive into a space that is not wide enough for a car then claim the car in front cut you up taking the racing line into a corner.  In the past, if you wanted overtake, the car that had it's front wheels in front off a persuing driver had the right to take the line he wished.  What happened to that rule?

Thank god for that massive crash. Would have been dull as dishwater if it wasn't for that.

A bunch of has-beens racing cars that look and sound like childrens' toys. Batteries only last a few laps and they have to jump in another car to finish the race, minimum pit times meant drivers could sit and have a cuppa with the time allowance. Maybe they should be forced to chug down a bottle of podium champagne each during the pit stop to liven things up a bit. 

Well, I suppose they have to start somewhere with electric cars but it strikes me they are a few years early to make a race series and a serious public spectacle of it yet.

By the sounds of things I didn't miss much ....Oh there were no sounds .

Sooty, surely you aren't talking about the Prost-Heidfeld accident?! Mr Prost's driving was abysmal there.

I thought the actual racing was alright. Most motorsports would be dull on that circuit though. The fact the cars sounded like radio controlled cars didn't bother me in the slightest, although it added to the perception they weren't fast.