New forum member from Nottingham, SEiGHT

Mistercorn

Welcome!... I've always loved the sound of a V8. I also have a yellow SEight, and I've even just bought a daily driver with a V8 in it too! :)

Great spec. Where did you get manifolds ceramic coated ?

Also, where did you source the T5 gearbox and clutch release bearing ? Thinking of changing from LT77.

Would love a video now, with plenty of exhaust noise !

We originally had this bellhousing, which ran with a standard clutch fork.  I believe it is a modified SD1 auto bellhousing:

IMG_1303_zps768df08f.jpg

However the clutch arm fouled on the chassis so we changed to this one:

IMG_1319_zps98120399.jpg

Here it is all ready to go back in the car.

IMG_1321_zpsa238d3d6.jpg

I'm afraid I don't remember where we got it from.  I moved house over three years ago and that photo is in my old garage, I think it was probably over 4 years ago when we changed the bellhousing.  I think the original one was from Magnum Engineering.  I'll have a look through the receipts and see if I can find anything.

The gearbox was bought as a rebuilt unit, but it was bought early on so probably around 1998.  I haven't got a receipt for that.

I did the exhaust headers, sand blasted and then sprayed using Techline Satin Black.

I have had an oil leak from around the left hand rocker cover, which I think it probably from the ill-fitting dipstick so I put some tape around it this morning to make it seal better.  I'll be going out for a drive later to collect some data for my overheating problem so I'll post up the new thread then.

MC

• 2 weeks later...

Read this with great interest, whilst I am now a fully paid up member of the Mighty club, I love all V8's

I know this is a million to one shot, but do you know the donor SD1 it came from.

Just asking cos about 15 years back I sold my maroon V8 SD1 in Nottingham and the buyers were breaking for spares.

Could it be..?

Lovely build hope to hear it someday..!