New forum member from Nottingham, SEiGHT

Mistercorn

Morning all,

I have just got the car I have been working on road registered so thought it was time I introduced myself here.  The car is an SEiGHT which was started by myself and my father in 1997 but a few things got in the way so we have only just got it on the road.  It is running a Rover V8 engine which we rebuild ourselves with lightly ported heads and a fast road cam, power output is 215hp.  Running a T5 gearbox and Sierra LSD, ducted nose and aeroscreen. OMEX 710 ECU and Race Technology DASH2 PRO display / logger along with custom electronics for light control and temperature monitoring

As I have just got the car on the road I am having a few teething problems, the main one of which seems to be cooling, but I'll put up another post about that.  I'll get some photos sorted out and will reply to this post with the photos later.  Here is an old one from during the build.

pic27_zpsc183cbf7.jpg

MC

:ww:    MC

Your SEiGHT :love: sounds a great spec and from the build photo looks like it should be beautiful, looking forward to seeing more of this one :t-up: ( even though it's not the best engine :oops: it would be my 1st choice for a road car  ;) )

:ww: That sounds like an interesting project, really looking forward to hearing more! Especially after looking at the teaser photo you've already posted.  ;)  :d 

We all like the V8 sound.  Top man for building another.

Yep, always sound fantastic.

Welcome from a other s eight owner. Cooling problems are easily solved. Lots of practise.....cheers jon

While Jon's isn't a Rover V8, (it's the TVR made V8), it's an all round really well developed car. And scary when it takes off at warp speed ;)

Wow, 17 years ! And I thought the guy who built mine took his time (kit acquired 1997, registered 2001).

Plenty of knowledge on here about anything, so don't hesitate to post with any problems.

By the way, welcome ! Looking forward to seeing some more photos of the yellow beast. 

Thanks for the welcome guys, as promised here are a few more pictures and words about the car.  I won't go in to detail on the cooling issues, I'll start a new thread for that.

Photos were done in my garage this evening, so the light wasn't great.

_L4A9414_zpsf2c99396.jpg

The car with the bonnet dropped in place.  The two vents on the bonnet are to let fresh air in to the cabin.

_L4A9417_zpse04dea1d.jpg

Front brakes, wilwood four pot calipers, aluminium uprights and vented disks.

_L4A9412_zpsedee5057.jpg

Rear exhaust bracket detail, stainless steel bracket with sliding clamp.

_L4A9410_zps3959a0f5.jpg

Interior shot. Custom handbrake lever, gearlever and surrounds. The switches in the centre were just to get the car through the IVA test, they don't do anything now and will be removed. Custom carbon fibre dashboard and centre console.

Westfield aeroscreen with Race Technology DASH2 PRO dashboard / logger.

_L4A9411_zps25de7cc9.jpg

Carbon fibre exhaust heat protectors with heat protective tape, mounting boss for lambda sensor.  Westfield stainless steel exhaust.

_L4A9400_zpsa8197d68.jpg

Engine is a 3.5l Rover v8 from an early SD1.  Exhaust headers are ceramic coated, custom carbon fibre pedal box cover.  Plenum chamber modified by myself, with shortened trumpets inside.

_L4A9424_zps356cb839.jpg

Close up of throttle assembly.  CUstom throttle ramp and piping for the breathers, the bleed nipple is for the concentric clutch release bearing.

_L4A9406_zps20f6f68b.jpg

Quick release battery, ignition system uses custom leads and mounting brackets for the ignition coils.  Wasted spark system running an OMEX 710.

You can see the thermocouple for monitoring intake air temperature.

_L4A9422_zps5b0e3fb6.jpg

Aluminium exhaust heat shields on each side of the car, they do make getting the exhaust in and out a pain.

_L4A9407_zps339ae2dc.jpg

Oil filter housing with oil pressure sensor.  The thermocouple is for monitoring the air exiting the radiator.  Here you can also see the distributor cap.  The distributor is now just used to give the camshaft phasing information to the ECU.
Edited by Mistercorn

_L4A9425_zpsc57673e2.jpg

Here you can just see the end of the laminova oil/water heat exchanger which sits inside the nose and makes nose fitment a pain.

_L4A9403_zps02e0c16d.jpg

Westfield high capacity radiator with a large fan on the back of it running inside the ducted nose.

pic1_zpse9bac623.jpg

A shot of the rear end from during the build, showing fuel flow sensor, fuel pump and thermocouple for measuring diff temperature.

_L4A9420_zpsb0e799db.jpg

My assistant holding the wheel to show the rear switches.  Top ones are for the indicators, which auto cancel using a potentiometer on the steering wheel.

Bottom ones are for the lights, increase to toggle through sidelights, dipped, main beam with the right one, go back through them with the right one.  Buttons on the front are for flash headlights, hazard lights, horn and fog light.

If the fog light button is held in then the four rear paddles control the dashboard to go through the different screens, reset alarms, start logging, etc.