Clan McWestie September run dates

theprisioner

I can't make it but classic Ford are having Scottish Ford and classic car show at inveralmond bus museum on Sunday that might be worth including on the route.

Info is at www.pre67ford.com

September got off to a good start with ten or so westfield, caterham and other sevenesque type cars at the, sunny!, reverse direction knockhill last night including one other crossflow to keep my prisoner rep company.

I have to admit the clamshell wings did look a bit out of place in the race replica company but for a first knockhill outing, on 4 wheels, going the wrong way round was a hoot!

No sign of the dreaded aerodynamic lift from the wings, maybe I wasn't going fast enough.

I have a thing about not swapping out the classic crossflow for quick gains but being blasted by tin tops down the straight is a pain.

Need more power! I think I'll swap over to the tech forum for advice.

• Like 1

Golspie this weekend see: http://youtu.be/EihKGROILjk

That should bump up the visibility of the thread at least!

I note the Nothern Sevens are proposing a meet at the Fennel in Inverurie, I think this is a great idea and I am going to join them. See other thread and facebook for details.

The Fennel is an oasis for classic cars in the North east every Sunday. Anything can and has turned up.

I'm up for a Fennel meet if my car is fixed in time (head gasket and now they've found a broken engine mount). Hope to get it back tomorrow, together with a huge garage bill!

Looking at my list of runs for 2014.

The Meerkat run is on 21st Sept - anyone going?

This will be my last run of the year ....

See ziplob's post re the 21st Sept............what's the feeling in the collective? Meet in Perth again and head in a different route from last year or?

Where is the Meerkat run?

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/109626-ne-scotland-meet-3rd-aug/page-4

The "Meerkat" run was originally dubbed by Steve Smith (English Steve). It was a couple of yeas ago and we went to Oban in a circular route thru the hills passing thru Green Welly (Tyndrum) on the up and "Rest and be thankful" on the way back. I assume that is what is referred to in this post for a historical perspective. I am up for a run on the 21st, please make up your minds soon otherwise I will do (have to commit to) the Forrestburn test day.

Just read Ziplob's post ...

Sounds like a plan.

Just need a list started on who is planning to attend and meeting points.

Agree jim. So come on guys let's get a blat before the car is tucked up for hibernation. I'm up for a run.

Guys, as this may be the last 'official' run, details for it may as well continue to use this thread as it wont get all mixed up and confusing as the earlier August post..!

If someone just wants to start a list from here, that would work! ;-)

I'll start the list but as for which route we take is up for discussion, but I would suggest a central (ish) meeting point which I think is Perth again ?

1) Clansman 

• Like 1