Panic Buying unleashed in Europe.

SootySport

I thought Henry was 1200 watts so will become an outlaw in 3 years.

Dyson's patent must be expiring, as normal vacuums need 1200+ watts to do the job, and with less power it will take twice as long and use even more juice.  Most of Europe won't be affected, as they either don't have carpets or don't bother cleaning :laugh:

I thought Henry was 1200 watts so will become an outlaw in 3 years.

Dyson's patent must be expiring, as normal vacuums need 1200+ watts to do the job, and with less power it will take twice as long and use even more juice.  Most of Europe won't be affected, as they either don't have carpets or don't bother cleaning :laugh:

Just quoting from here: http://www.numatic.co.uk/products4.aspx?id=366&r=4&sr=1

I have to admit it seems low though... ???

ETA. Was too lazy to check mine - it is 1200 watts! 

Coat please......   :oops:

My family all buy Dysons at bonkers price and always seem to be going wrong, our old Hoover still ok but unable to get the bags anymore so forced to look at bag less uprights which all need regular emptying and washing. So like cars I went for another Hoover the biggest motor option 2300W, price £285 reduced to £200, special 50% sale £99.99, brilliant bit of kit, should I hand this in to the Vacuum Police tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :cry:.   I also have a 20years old Charles which is kept in the garage for the cars, it will pick up a brick from 10 feet away, I am defiantly keeping this and risk being on the vacuum offenders  list. :d :d :d

Yep, I've got an allergy smart Hoover with the 2200 W motor and Hepa filters etc. on it's lowest settings it's hard to push, it sucks itself down on the carpet that much.

On the other hand, household asthma attacks have been down near 70 % since getting it.

Modern vacs need Kilowatts of power to overcome the pressure gradient caused by using a load of filters . the more filters used the more power needed for the same amount of suction 

The original upright Hoover was C 350 watts afair it did just as good a job as the modern day ones !

I worked at the Hoover factory in Perivale where the Junior (model 1334) and Senior (652) were built. I can't recall the motor specs but I'm sure you're right Bernie, quite a low power draw. They made a industrial versions of the Senior (model 952 I think) too but I seem to remember that they were more heavily built but essentially similar electrically. 

There are several points to be made here. The biggest problem is that the EU apart from being a money sucking drain, is full of people who are somewhat dim. These decision makers are easy fodder for the professional lobbyist, some of whom I have met and despise. They are employed by those who want change, so the tree huggers have employed them to convince them that we are all going to die from global warming, sorry no now climate change and we need to reduce our power consumption. 

They convince the EU it is necessary and they start with easy targets, who would object to a hoover not sucking quite as much? Then as has already been pointed out they will reduce it again in the near future. But lets not stop there, when they have got used to that lets start on other things, drills, mowers etc all for our own good.

Big industry employs better lobbyists and they convince the EU they cannot reduce their use so the public must do their bit first as we do not have lobbyists at our disposal.

I met a group of lobbyists who were telling me that once they had succeeded in getting smoking banned, there was a lot with nothing to do so they look for new causes to get paid to do. So alcohol and food is now their cause, no cause is wrong so long as they are being paid by someone to get to the correct ear in government or the EU.

Just pick any group who get press coverage and they will employ one of these people to push their agenda. The EU seems very easy for these to influence over a short time.

We will follow others will ignore it, we will prosecute those found doing bootleg cleaners but allow real criminals to get let off.

The EU as a trading partner is fine but this sort of rubbish is why we need to be out.

• Like 1