Panic Buying unleashed in Europe.

SootySport

..........for vacuum cleaners?      The EU has gone nuts and will be limiting the motors to 2 k.watt.

I find it odd that items with a limited effect on the environment such as tyres and vacuums are being targeted.   If the EU wanted to make big reductions in pollution why not limit the power of car engines, not that I want that to happen.

..........for vacuum cleaners?      The EU has gone nuts and will be limiting the motors to 2 k.watt.

I find it odd that items with a limited effect on the environment such as tyres and vacuums are being targeted.   If the EU wanted to make big reductions in pollution why not limit the power of car engines, not that I want that to happen.

Actually the new limit from 1st September is 1600 Watts and this will be reduced to 900w in 2017

It's absolutely bonkers - are they going to ban 2kw electric fires, or even 99% of electrical tools (home and work) that use more than 900w ?

A 900w vacuum cleaner is going to be so ineffective as to be useless (or take ten times as long to clean a floor and therefore defeating the whole point?) - which is what exactly - oh yeh, save "energy" like they do in every city in Europe by leaving shops lights on all the time, heating / cooling on full blast with doors wide open ............. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The sooner we get out of the EU and and can buy products to the specification we want, the better. We could save even more energy by getting rid of these cretins in Brussels.

And no, don't be surprised if you find they want to limit the power output of cars ..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

(ok, I've calmed down now .................. :p )

This is the sort of crap we don't need the EU for. No doubt the Germans et al would agree. As for panic buying, I doubt that. Stupid headlines written by rags like the Daily Mail. No doubt sales are considerably up though as they have been stoking the fire on this for a week or more.

Another stupid rule thought up and passed through by people with no technical brain cells in their head.

Kettles & a whole host of electric gismos were mentioned for the chop in the future.  You still need the same amount of energy to bring the water to the boil, just takes longer, learnt that at school with calorimeters. The bureucrats probably forgot that lesson.

whats to stop you from buying them in the US and bringing them over? good for their exports

Different frequency and voltage I believe,  they won't last that long on our grid.

whats to stop you from buying them in the US and bringing them over? good for their exports

A 120v vacuum cleaner from the USA will certainly have some cleaning power in the UK...for the short while it lives anyway!! :d

It, really does make you wonder what we are doing in the EU  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Mind of course, we and the Germans will obey. France,& Italy will just ignore it and carry on as normal IMHO

Is that the device I am always repairing but I don't use very much? :laugh:

Here's a business opportunity methinks....... power upgrades for home vacs...... I reckon a tidy little shop on ebay and amazon and this time next year we'll be millionaires.......

Nem................

It, really does make you wonder what we are doing in the EU  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Mind of course, we and the Germans will obey. France,& Italy will just ignore it and carry on as normal IMHO

they'll blockade the ports and burn some of our imported sheep for good measure too...... you gotta love the french.....

Here's a business opportunity methinks....... power upgrades for home vacs...... I reckon a tidy little shop on ebay and amazon and this time next year we'll be millionaires.......

Nem................

Ha Ha, yes a good idea.   Vacuum cleaner ECU remaps.

Panic buying is a joke; firstly few people would have questioned the wattage of the cleaner they buy until the media told them they can't have it - the shiny coloured bits are far more relevant. Secondly, modern machines will last only five years if you're lucky (especially those in garish primary colours...) so you can hope to only delay the inevitable. Remember, Henry is less than 600 watts!

Remember, Henry is less than 600 watts!

Just looked at our Dyson 850 watts, so which are the 2k vacs?  Must have to nail the carpets down :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: