Off Roading

Young Pretender

Any one here do any greenlaning or pay and play sites?  What's your armchair of choice?

Had a disco 2 for a month or so  now and have to say it's a very different but equally thrilling alternative to the Westy experience.  Long list of mods planned for her, totally standard at the mo, but blimey they're not half capable in standard guise!!

I've done a bit off greenlaning in the past in my 110 defender when she was a lot younger but as she's getting on a bit she's got an easy life (and it keeps the pasts bill down a bit to)

I went over to France a few years ago and done the pyrenees with a company called landtrax I think it was we had a one to one guided trip and it was fantastic, and a really nice couple from England run it but they also do group trips, if you want to do something different Wayne would sort it out

We wanted to go into Andorra on an old smugglers track which he sorted out but in the end we couldn't do it as we wasn't insured in Andorra as it's not EU.

I'll try and find the link to there website over the weekend

Must have some cracking lanes down in cornwall mate?  Mother in law is down that way - might bring the disco down on the next visit.

A lot of the Boat's(byways open to all traffic) are now hard to get onto as they put large granite borders to narrow the access down just small enough so you can't get on then are they're turned into cycle ways

I had a classic range with a 200tdi in it

As you say its amazing how capable they are

Off roaders seem to favour autos nowadays , much more controllable , especially in low range

Always say ille go back to them when the westy goes-you can have loads of thrills at walking pace

I've had a

2a

Lightweight 2a

90 defender

2x discos

They were all great

Joining your local Land Rover club is the best way to green lane as you need company, when they do get stuck they take some shifting :(

The only off roading I do now is when we get snowed in

Did plenty of green laning in my disco 1, but not so much in the disco 2. I'll probably get back to it when it's not my daily driver any more

It's great fun, but as mentioned earlier, so many BOAT'S and RUPP'S are now blocked off or TRO'D. The local authorities really don't like motorised vehicular rights of way. Joining the GLASS or TRF is very worthwhile because they know local routes inside out, some of which aren't even shown on maps!

I've done a bit. Had 2a, 3, 200tdi, 300tdi and various otherS.

Don't forget the checked padded shirt and camo gilet :-) we're sorted Lyndsey, were gripped - let's off road